Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Wet toys litter box water bowl repeat..........

Chuckbob

Savannah Super Cat
Anyone have one who soaks their toys then rolls them in litter then puts them back in the water bowl? I change the water 10 times a day and I always have toys in the dryer or dripping in the shower. The bottom of the bowl is perpetually a mud hole. Can't seem to keep litter out of the bed either. Guessing wet feet, litter box then oh yeah on the bed.

SavannahLuv

Site Supporter
Lol! I guess I should consider myself lucky... Shango loves playing in the water, but it seems like every time after his paws are all wet he then decides he has to use his litter box. Then he goes back to the water because he doesn't like litter stuck to his paws & tries to wash them clean. Luckily he leaves his toys out of the litter box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I've known plenty of cats who like to dunk their toys in the water, but not drag them through the litter box in between dips. What kind of litter are you using? I wonder if the texture has anything to do with it?

Chuckbob

Savannah Super Cat
I've known plenty of cats who like to dunk their toys in the water, but not drag them through the litter box in between dips. What kind of litter are you using? I wonder if the texture has anything to do with it?
It doesn't matter. LOL he was on unclumping unscented until he hit 5.5 months then he spent most of his time using the other cats litter boxes so I just went with regular clumping litter. He's done it since I got him at 14 weeks. he also has a thing for sox. If he gets a hold of a sock we have to race him for the water bowl as it's going in warp speed. He steals sox from drawers, laundry baskets we even had to buy hampers with lids. Folding laundry is loads of fun. He's pulled socks from the laundry basket while I'm coming from the dryer and I have to drop the basket and give chase or I'll have a wet sock. Oh and sink sponges we have to hide them. He just loves wet things. I keep extra water bowls spotted around the house so the other cat always has clean water. She thinks he's nuts but she plays lookout while he does it.