Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Adding Another

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Joe,
I have 2 males and a female. All three are obnoxious and all over you at times. I don't think gender will matter after they are fixed.

L

Louie'sDad

Joe,
I have 2 males and a female. All three are obnoxious and all over you at times. I don't think gender will matter after they are fixed.

Thanks Rascal. One "concern" is that I may no longer have Lou's undivided attention and we will lose some of our closeness. Another is that he might feel "jealous", or, in the case of a feline, "insulted".:):big grin:

L

Louie'sDad

Does anyone have multiple cats with similar sounding names? I wonder if this confuses them.

Like Donald Duck's three nephews, I was thinking of "Dewey" or "Huey" to go along with "Louie".

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
Mine are Kilifi and Azidi. I call them Kiki and Zidi. They don't seem to have any problems. They don't come to anything. LOL

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
Thanks Rascal. One "concern" is that I may no longer have Lou's undivided attention and we will lose some of our closeness. Another is that he might feel "jealous", or, in the case of a feline, "insulted".:):big grin:

I am sure he will be jealous. Kilifi is, but she has not stopped loving me. If anything she is more loving. I get washed a lot more...

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Louie, drinking too much Samual Adams can cause you to fall down the stairs. Drink responsibly buddy!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Silly! I think that more likely what will happen is that initially yes he will be miffed like any toddler when a new baby is brought home. Then he will be delighted to have a new playmate...but I don't think his bond to you will lessen. My two F1s are very bonded to each other but Missy's bond with me is intense and I think still trumps her feelings for Nina. You and Louie have been so close for some time (most of his life)... and he's not going to forget that.

L

Louie'sDad

Silly! I think that more likely what will happen is that initially yes he will be miffed like any toddler when a new baby is brought home. Then he will be delighted to have a new playmate...but I don't think his bond to you will lessen. My two F1s are very bonded to each other but Missy's bond with me is intense and I think still trumps her feelings for Nina. You and Louie have been so close for some time (most of his life)... and he's not going to forget that.

Thanks Brigitte.
And, as far as the similar names.....thoughts? Louie does (usually) come when I call him. Of course, all bets are off when he's preoccupied with something. Many times he simply turns and stares at me; on occasion, he seems confused until something "clicks" and he suddenly jumps up and runs to me with a puffy tail. This last scenario is, of course the funniest and without a doubt the most gratifying!

Charley

Savannah Super Cat

We just brought home a beautiful little F5 1 year old male for our nearly 3 year old Jengo. Jengo jas always been very, very special and shy. He is very bonded to me and "likes" my boyfriend well enough and that's it. I was very concerned about losing our special bond especially if his new friend and he got on well. I think bringing in the new cat has actually strengthened our bond with Jengo. He needs us more now than ever. Our relationship with Jengo is really good and he's learning to trust more people and animals. In the last 2 weeks he's really come out of his shell. I know it will take him time to warm up to the new cat but in the mean time we are really active helping him, making him feel secure and loved and encouraging him to interact. His relationship with us "slaves" has improved quite a bit.

We went with a male as a second because I was worried about a female not wanting to interact with Jengo as much. Everyone says it doesn't really matter. One thing I did was develop a relationship with the breeder and explain to her our special guy and she helped us determine which cat would best suit everyone's needs including Jengo. True to her word, the new guy is very cat friendly and approaches Jengo very sweetly MOST of the time. He definitely walks away when Jengo is upset or doesn't want him around. It's been very good for Jengo.

I was also worried about losing Jengo's affection but so far so good.