Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

2 scams in a week.. What Should I Do??

K

KARA

Ok so the first scam is from email is Thomas Pet <thomaspet369@yahoo.com>; this guy was on felines4us.com. He is not a breeder his wife was but she past away couple months ago blah blah blah , he wont answer any questions or send new pictures of the kittens and he want me only to pay the 350 shipping fee to a fake shipping place. I gave him my number trying to get him to text me pictuers of the kittens NOTHING. Then yesterday i have missed calls from some number (6 misses calles) from 503-895-5504. When you type thew number in google it SAY ITS A PIT BULL PUPPY SCAM!! Not sure but this guy needs to be shut down. Oh then on felines4us.com thomas pet has many differend cat for sell , i asked him and he never said anything..
The second i found a add in the wyoming classifieds for savannah kittens in rock springs thinking this was strange i just asked him what he wanted for the kittens and i think it the same shipping type scam cause when i asked where he was he said Salt Lake City , I told him i would drive up there and now he wont respond lol ,,,, Kelvin Campbell <kelvincampbell00@gmail.com is this person name and email.. It makes me SAD THAT THERE ARE SO MANY SCAMS OUT THERE!!

admin

Paige
Staff member
Thanks for posting Kara...here is the thing - if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. The best advice I can give is to buy from a reputable breeder...either look her in our breeder directory or on savannahcat.com - feline4us has many scammers as does craig's list, unfortunately.

K

KARA

i JUST GOT A CALL FROM 876-521-4867 ASKING IF I WAS SUPOTA BE RECIVING A DOG.. LOL THEY CANT EVEN KEEP THERE SCAMS STRAIGHT.. UGH

K

KARA

I just wanted to look into getting one of these cats, I dont have the money right now but could get it at some point if it turns out to really be what I want, they are amazing cats and would like to look into the REAL possibility of what it take to have one and make sure it will be a good thing for our family. But i keep getting scams go figure . You right if it sounds to good to be true it really is!

admin

Paige
Staff member
Why not spend some time here reading and learning and asking questions...it is usually best to wait until you can afford it ;)

K

KARA

Thats kinda why im on here , i figured it is time to talk to real people about it and I would get alot farther in the RIGHT direction.. I have done alot of reading and watching videos about these cats and i am blown away.. My daughter trinity (5yrs old) loves the idea of having a new pet, but i need to make sure it would be good for both my girls I also have a 4mth old.. I have read that these cats are great family pets.

Trish Allearz

Thats kinda why im on here , i figured it is time to talk to real people about it and I would get alot farther in the RIGHT direction.. I have done alot of reading and watching videos about these cats and i am blown away.. My daughter trinity (5yrs old) loves the idea of having a new pet, but i need to make sure it would be good for both my girls I also have a 4mth old.. I have read that these cats are great family pets.
Definitely do the research :) But yes, it is frustrating running into scammers too! Thankfully, the SV peeps have decent sites that support reputable breeders- SVcatchat.com (of course) and Savannahcat.com :)

K

KARA

Oh my what a beautiful kitten.. See i cant help but really want one.. heehee