Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

A project...

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats
So I've been playing around with leather carving and have completed a couple things. Thought it was time to do something with meaning behind it. I am working on a memorial box for our beloved and much missed F3 girl Echo. It isn't perfect and not nearly complete. Just thought I'd share as it evolves. Here is a pic of my progress and the original I'm working from.
P1050195.JPG _DSC0966sm.jpg

DChap

Site Supporter
Very nice work and sweet idea for a memorial. I tole paint and have been thinking about designing some type of Savannah cat piece.

admin

Paige
Staff member
So I've been playing around with leather carving and have completed a couple things. Thought it was time to do something with meaning behind it. I am working on a memorial box for our beloved and much missed F3 girl Echo. It isn't perfect and not nearly complete. Just thought I'd share as it evolves. Here is a pic of my progress and the original I'm working from.
View attachment 1520 View attachment 1519

Nice work, Lori!!!

Jacq

Savannah Super Cat
View attachment 1520 View attachment 1519
That is just lovely Lori! Very well done!

K

Kronos

Wow that looks really good! You did a great job, and have a gorgeous model :)

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats
Thanks everyone! I have the box and cut the leather to fit the top, but not sure just what kind of finish to put on the wood yet. I'll share more as it progresses.

Suzanne H

Savannah Super Cat
That is really awesome! When I lost Figgy last October to channel my grief I began making (and selling) memorial lockets. I had him creamated, so before hand I was able to get tufts of his fur.
It may seems a bit off to make something like that, but it helped me out a great deal. Then when I started making them for other people for their companions. I felt even better about his death and being able to help them with their grief.
Some live the lockets, others think its gross. I just figure the haters have never felt the love of a pet companion.
So, good luck with this beautiful piece of art.
Suzanne

http://www.etsy.com/listing/83531393/paw-prints-on-your-heart-pet-memorial

admin

Paige
Staff member
That is really awesome! When I lost Figgy last October to channel my grief I began making (and selling) memorial lockets. I had him creamated, so before hand I was able to get tufts of his fur.
It may seems a bit off to make something like that, but it helped me out a great deal. Then when I started making them for other people for their companions. I felt even better about his death and being able to help them with their grief.
Some live the lockets, others think its gross. I just figure the haters have never felt the love of a pet companion.
So, good luck with this beautiful piece of art.
Suzanne

http://www.etsy.com/listing/83531393/paw-prints-on-your-heart-pet-memorial

Suzanne, I love it! I wish I had known about this when I lost my Rocky. I do have his paw print and tuft of fur from the crematory.

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats
That's Awesome Suzanne! They are really pretty. :) I hope I get good enough to be able to make memorial boxes for other people too. It's so hard to say goodbye to them. There is one box in particular I need to make for our MinPin that we lost suddenly at 2 1/2 years old to lymphoma. She left us just before Christmas and it still rips me up every time I look at her pictures. We love all our dogs, but she was different, more like a child to us and I find the tears are still just below the surface. xoxoxo