Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Before And After

S

Scorpio1080

Hello Everyone, Just joined this board and Shared m story about how I came to own My savannah Chupa in the Intro section, Chupa was a Abused Savannah I Adopted from my local humane Society. So I Am going to try to post some before and After shots from a year ago when I just got him to now. If you want his whole story You can see in the intro thread =)

shelter.jpg
This is at the Shelter, very dehydrated before I took him home.

This is where he lived for a month he wouldn't leave the bathroom.
bathroom dweller.jpg
Finally venturing out
that was a year ago, here is now.

chuppa.JPG 303884_2389048320407_1076807145_2647538_1449460060_n.jpg
chuppa2.JPG spots.jpg 374574_2740809554218_1076807145_2813142_1291537935_n.jpgnap.jpg

this is def worth all the work it took to save this cat even though he was 7 and sick he is now a well adjusted pet and we love him so much ! Sorry If I Fudged the pics I am still new at this!

Attachments

• exploring.jpg
    exploring.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 17
  • exploring.jpg
    exploring.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 4
  • loungeing again.jpg
    loungeing again.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 15

Paul B

Sorte
That is awesome! Chupa is very lucky to have been found by you. :) It looks like he is quite the character in that last picture too. I'm sure he adds lots of fun to your life.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I love pictorial stories and Chupa has had some life!!! I am sooo happy he is with you Christine. He looks great now and seems to be a normal savannah cat, thanks to your patience and hard work. What a wonderful story!

S

Scorpio1080

Thanks Guys! I just hope My Story gets people to also give guys that need rehoming a chance before they get into a sad situation like Chupa. He has had a very long road to get to where he is. I suspect that a man must have been abusive to him He would not let my husband touch him for 8 months and just now will hang around on his lap for pets,This wasn't a quick fix But he is a wonderful cat and Through all his trial he has never been mean or bitten so I Just can't see why someone would have discarded him so terribly. This breed as I keep learning is just a amazing breed and I feel so lucky to have joined in such a accidental but wonderful way!

J.B.

Savannah Super Cat
Wow it's very sad what happened but it's wonderful that you have him now. He's very gorgeous, and now he has a great life with you!

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
I'm glad Chupa was fortunate enough to find someone like you to give him his furrever home. :) He is a very handsome boy.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
That's so lovely to read... doing rescue work for years now it is the happy endings that make our efforts so worthwhile. It is dfefinitely hard to understand how cats do get abandoned when they have so much to offer...I am so glad you gave him the time and space and love to come around and be the wonderful pet he now is for you :)

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Love your pics! Chupa is a gorgeous hunk, and looks very healthy and happy :)

Great job on your part in giving him a wonderful life!