Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Beware the highly contagious Kitten Fever

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Kitten Fever

This is a highly contagious malady of the human species. It is insidious and no natural immunity exists. Exposure often occurs when viewing pictures of cuddly wuddly kittens, especially those of the spotted variety. Onset of symptoms is rapid with full-blown fever occurring mere seconds after exposure.

Symptoms
· Rapid pulse
· Increased heart rate
· Dry mouth or excessive salivation
· Uncontrollable verbalizing of nonsensical sounds including, but not limited to, ooohing, ahhhhing, awwwing, squeeeing
· Behavioral changes such as loss of fiscal responsibility and excessive purchasing of kitten-related items.

There is no cure. Potato Chip Syndrome often accompanies initial infection causing victims to acquire more than one cuddly wuddly kitten regardless of its effects upon the human household.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Kitten Fever

This is a highly contagious malady of the human species. It is insidious and no natural immunity exists. Exposure often occurs when viewing pictures of cuddly wuddly kittens, especially those of the spotted variety. Onset of symptoms is rapid with full-blown fever occurring mere seconds after exposure.

Symptoms
· Rapid pulse
· Increased heart rate
· Dry mouth or excessive salivation
· Uncontrollable verbalizing of nonsensical sounds including, but not limited to, ooohing, ahhhhing, awwwing, squeeeing
· Behavioral changes such as loss of fiscal responsibility and excessive purchasing of kitten-related items.

There is no cure. Potato Chip Syndrome often accompanies initial infection causing victims to acquire more than one cuddly wuddly kitten regardless of its effects upon the human household.
Sadly, there is no cure. For acute symptoms, apply the emergency wine and chocolate patch.

Hina

Site Supporter
I agree, there's no cure. If the wine and chocolates don't work, there's always shoe shopping sprees. Retail therapy helps!!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Truly, the only cure is the adoption of another kitten... trying to use alternative methods is only applying a band-aid over a dam leak - only holds for so long...

Trish Allearz

Hahaha. I have a chocolate which makes your fever worse!!
c7e95fc8985f54cc4a23c22b53041741.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trish Allearz

I love that baby. And he is one of the reasons I had a fever relapse.
Seriously, if I wasn't keeping nemo-- his smoke bro to show-- and expecting a Lykoi alter this year, he'd stay to show. Because I think he'd be fun in the HHP ring if he enjoys it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbain

Site Supporter
I got Kitten Fever when I opened the carrier of our first Savannah kitten late spring 2012, she was much more cat than I had expected, Kitten Fever was so bad late July 2012 we got Cody kitten, there is no cure for Kitten Fever especially the potent Savannah strain and I had a relapse May 2014 named Casey F2B 12 weeks old standing on his paperwork second pic, first pic he looks like he wants lunch , still does 20 LBS plus at 13 months, it does not matter how big your Savannah is because at any size or generation this Savannah breed raises the bar and Kitten Fever is spreading . DSCN0510.JPG DSCN0506.JPG

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Yes, this SV infectious strain of the kitten-variety is exceedingly cute. Hence the problem. Bad behavior, for some odd reason, is an ineffective vaccine.