Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Bobcat kitten rescued from brush fire

Sue

Savannah Super Cat
The bobcat kitten has been transferred to Big Cat Rescue in Tampa. They have another Bobcat there that will be a surrogate for the missing momma. Both bobcats are supposed to be returned to CROW in LeeCounty and released after further rehabilitation. Sue

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Thank you for your updates... I hate to sound skeptical, but with the view of BCR here, is this a good thing for the Bob Cat? I just want to see the best for the little kitty...

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Thank you for your updates... I hate to sound skeptical, but with the view of BCR here, is this a good thing for the Bob Cat? I just want to see the best for the little kitty...
Thinking the same thing.....will they truly rehabilitate and return to the wild or keep around for fund raising?

Sue

Savannah Super Cat
i had the same thought when I saw this on the news. I will keep my eyes open for updates. Sue

admin

Paige
Staff member
Thanks for the updates Sue...I hope BCR will really release the bobcat...likely they will...he is not a savannah or bengal and did not come from a breeder :(

Sue

Savannah Super Cat
According to NBC-2, the bobcat kitten that had burnt paws that first went to CROW then Big Cat Sanctuary, has been released into the wild.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
According to NBC-2, the bobcat kitten that had burnt paws that first went to CROW then Big Cat Sanctuary, has been released into the wild.

Nice.. thanks for the update Sue... So good to hear great news like that... I Pray and Wish him well.