Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Breeder Question

admin

Paige
Staff member
I can say that my F4 SBT Zuri is from A1 Savannahs and I had no issues with her...but that is my experience.

You should ask lots of questions, many of which you can find on this forum...how old is the kitten, will she have all her shots, will she be spayed, why is her price less expensive, etc.

Trish Allearz

Huh- I thought they were usually exponentially higher priced from A1.

Paige has great suggestions- ask as many questions as you need to feel comfortable with any breeder :)

admin

Paige
Staff member
Is she the F5 that is 3 years old? If so, that is why she is less expensive than an F5 kitten...or...looks like they also have a cinnamon-spotted kitten...so ask questions...

Trish Allearz

If it's an older kitty- ensure you are still getting a full contract on the kitten/cat. Ask about its personality and the socialization it has received (because we want to ensure it was continuously socialized even as it aged), etc. Ask for videos! That would be a good thing with an older kitty :)

NikkiA

Site Supporter
My F5 boy (and my F4 boy and my F3 boy) came from A1.

We bought all three of them as kittens. The oldest was 3.5 months.

Before you make a decision, have a conversation about what you are looking for in a cat.
We paid a deposit, and had photos sent to us along with descriptions of the kitten's personalities. We also had an honest discussion about our budget with them. Two of my three boys never made the website, and we probably looked at 20 kittens before choosing D, and another 10 before we chose Jarvis.

Our budget for our first SV was $1000, plus shipping, and they did work with us. That was a few years ago (D will be two in July), so I don't know if that is still the case. Also, keep in mind that you are not buying show quality kitten looks for that price, but a pet quality kitten. My boy may not have show quality looks, but he has the most wonderful personality, and I would not trade him for all the spots in the world.

That said, there are a lot of breeders on this forum who have wonderful kittens available.