Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Calming collars

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
So things have been going pretty awesome between Loki and Rasputin they seem to become the best of friends except for one issue that seems to have arised. Loki's litter habits have changed again. And the cause could be one of three things. 1. Adam left to section hike the Appalachian trail this morning. The past 2 weeks he has been packing and Been lack luster with his play time routine. Loki has peed on his lap 3 times. Peed on the spare bed twice. On my table cloth, on our dish towel. In Adams hiking backpack pocket (that was some pretty awesome aim I do have to say) and in my purse. Adam has been sleeping in the spare bedroom because of his back being messed up ad my mattress is too soft for when his back is sore. Loki may sense that Adam is leavingWhy would they spray "water vapor"? If the government isn't purposely trying to control the population then a lot of the things they do or advocate doesn't make any sense. I hate to be marked a conspiracy theorist but or feel abandoned and is fighting it. All incidences aside from my purse happened while I was away at work. 2. Pooty has been trying to use one of loki's three litter boxes (he likes to poop in one, pee in the other, and the third hell do both and is just a safe guard) .. I tried to resolve the issue by moving the third box ontop of my dresser so that pooty cannot reach for now. And pooty also has his own box. 3. He may still smell the boxes even though is sprinkle with arm and hammer daily and they are fresh. I have recently started cleaning the boxes twice a day instead of once a day. The issue is in the middle of the day.

It is tough to put my finger on what the problem is. So I had bought a comfort zone plug in before when Loki was peeing on my bed, the comfort zone has since resolved the problem In my room and moved it elsewhere. I am debating purchasing a comfort collar for when I am at work thinking this would be less expensive than buying a comfort zone unit for each room in the house. Has anyone used them? Any feedback? Any advice you have would be much appreciated. I will be the solo cat lady taking care of two rambunctious boys for the next two weeks.

"Those who wander aren't always lost"

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I know Pam and others have used the collar successfully. If he was responsive to the Comfort Zone diffuser I would think the collar would work as well. It sounds like this might be spite peeing, sensing that Adam is going to be leaving, but you might want to get some Cat Attract to see if it will help improve litter habits as well.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I think if the plug-in is working then a collar makes a lot of sense.

I might also have him checked out though, as it might also be a sign of a UTI to be suddenly peeing everywhere...

Remember to be using a good enzyme cleaner on everything to make sure he doesn't come back to mark in those spots too!

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
Where can you find cat attract? And that's what I am thinking. Also my neighbor has a cat which is very moody especially around their little girl. She'll be sweet then will start scratching her daughter. It is probably because their daughter is so hyper and the cat doesn't like it? I'm wondering if the collar or comfort zone may help with aggression? I ask because I was looking at the collars at pet supplies plus and saw they were on sale. 3 collars for $27 instead of $37 for three or $15 for 1. I could definately spare a collar for them in that case. but I am not sure if it helps with moodiness so much as marking

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
I don't have the anti icky poo yet but we have another enzyme cleaner we are using and it seems to work well. I do sill need to get some of that glorious stuff you guys talk about every time someone brings up pee problems aip comes up. It's almost like a referral program lol. They should start paying you guys to refer it haha. And I did get Loki checked out before when he had the bed wetting problem and came back with nothing. It was more of a marking type behavior considering the location on the bed and where a bunny accident happened a year or two before

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Sorry I can't remember, is Loki neutered yet? You should be able to find Cat Attract at PetsMart or Petco... or online.

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
Nope not yet. Sadly. The boyfriend has been out of work prepping for his hiking trip and I was left as sole provider. No wiggle room until august to get his snip snip done. Thankfully he hasn't showed any signs of spraying. But I don't doubt that may play into the problem.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
My thoughts exactly Brigitte! And the longer he's left intact and marks, the harder it may be to break the habit after he is neutered.

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
I agree yes he does. I feel like a bum for not having this done already but I was trying to save some money and put to the side while Adam is gone and I cover all the bills then get it done as soon as he is back. Having commission based pay is rough I have to think ahead instead of just blindly using what I have available. But Loki bear is still a sweetie and I love him for better litter habits or worse. I just hope I can get this done sooner rather than later.