Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

calming collars

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Kim, don't take this the wrong way but I am beginning to think that you may need the calming collar! ;)

You are doing fine. Your kitten is doing fine. When I look at the pictures you post, I do not see an anxious kitten. He is just taking a bit longer to acclimate, that is all. The faster you chill out and relax, the faster he will as well as he can feel your anxiety. Don't overthink it. Every kitten/cat is an individual and will have their own timeline. Just take it a day at a time, enjoy all his cute and silly moments as a little kitten.

K

KIM

He was playing with his springs in this pic here, he was swatting them with his paws, he was having a blast. Im not anxious. Im asking questions to be informed.

NikkiA

Site Supporter
We have three boys. F5 diablo, f3 Jarvis, and the eternally happy, unruffleable f4 Mickey blue eyes.

Diablo is great with humans, and Mickey, but a jerk to my naturally jumpy and easily upset Jarvis.

We used a calming collar on our vet's recommendation. Diablo our f5 boy was starting fights with, upsetting, and losing the fights he started with Jarvis. Diablo (the kitty wearing the sentry collar) was routinely taking it off, and then one day, out of the blue, managed to get tangled. We were home, heard him panicking realized he had gotten it caught on a lever door handle of all things (don't ask me how), and were able to rescue him before he hurt himself. He did add an artistic touch to the French door. We trashed the collar and went back to feilaway plug ins (3 in 2400 square foot home, replaced monthly) and added 1 hour a day of diablo- nicole time and one hour per day of Jarvis-Mike time. We also kitty proofed our garage and allowed them to start having "alone" time out there when we are home and downstairs. It has been trial and error here, but Jarvis (the kitty who was getting upset) seems to happier with his 1:1 time and his alone time. I would not use a sentry collar again even if he started getting anxious again to be honest. Diablo probably would have been fine, and gotten untangled, but I was scared to death and would not take that risk again.