Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Cat Carriers

admin

Paige
Staff member
Just wondering what kind of carriers everyone uses...I'm guessing it depends, of course, on how large your cat is, but...

I am now trying a sleepypod after many, many carriers...

Trish Allearz

I like the Sleepypod for well behaved cats, but the F1s only travel in hard plastic with metal hardware. We learned real quick on the way to the 2010 TICA annual how quick an F1 can split a soft carrier... On the freeway...

admin

Paige
Staff member
I did too, but they bit the dust...I have a sturdy show shelter and cat carrier, but Zuri somehow gets out of it all the time and is going to cause me to have an accident one of these days.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I like the Sleepypod for well behaved cats, but the F1s only travel in hard plastic with metal hardware. We learned real quick on the way to the 2010 TICA annual how quick an F1 can split a soft carrier... On the freeway...

Yep...I know the feeling...Zuri just keeps getting out of her sturdi and every other soft carrier, so we'll see with this one...

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Which Sleepypod did you get? I have both the original design (two of them) and the Air which I love. I like each design for different reasons. The Sleepypod is good to use as a cat bed in the house and then be able to zip the top on for trips to the vet.

The Air is the best for travelling...it folds flat so can go in a suitcase when flying to pick up a kitten for example. For some reason, my cats all love that one, when at a cat show hotel they will fight to get into that one :)

I also have one of these in large for my F1 Nina...http://www.tutto.com/index_petonwheels.htm

And then some medium dog crates too...

admin

Paige
Staff member
I got the original for trips to the vet...I like the Air, so will keep in mind for traveling.

And I love the tutto - did you get yours at a show by chance?