Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Cat in the dryer

Kurt Mylar

Savannah Super Cat
Today my sister inlaw was doing laundry. As she proceeded to load the dryer our 16 week old Loki jumped in. She started the dryer and heard a thump and looked in the dryer and saw Loki running on the clothes with a look like get me out of here im done already. We opened the door and he just walked out Needless to say he wasnt phased by it at all just came out purring. It scared the rest of us pretty good.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Today my sister inlaw was doing laundry. As she proceeded to load the dryer our 16 week old Loki jumped in. She started the dryer and heard a thump and looked in the dryer and saw Loki running on the clothes with a look like get me out of here im done already. We opened the door and he just walked out Needless to say he wasnt phased by it at all just came out purring. It scared the rest of us pretty good.

Omg...thank God he was heard! He was a very lucky boy. I have one who will jump in it, too. And the washer, while it is filling with water to play in it, the idiot...I always move the clothes around in the dryer now before turning it on. And add clothes to the washer before I start filling it with water....

SO glad Loki is OK!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
OMG, how scary! I hope Loki has decided that the dryer is not the place for him now!!

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
Goodness! I'm glad Loki is okay. Luckily Kovu isn't too interested in the washer/dryer. I do remember when my sister was 2 she went "missing". My mom was frantic & couldn't find her anywhere. After calling the police & frantically searching the house I found her just sitting in the washing machine. She was fine, not sure why she was in there, but she was okay. lol

mhardy12

Savannah Super Cat
Taz loooves to lay in either the washer or the dryer. He hops in lays down and goes to sleep. Luckily he's so big we've never started them with him in one. Glad ur little one is ok.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I am SOOOO glad our dryer is downstairs in the garage and not in the house proper... that kind of thing terrifies me :-(

Trish Allearz

My F1 jumped in while heavily pregnant- and it was turned on- and turned right off. Scared me to pieces, but she was totally fine. I literally had turned it on and realized she was in it. Darn cat!

admin

Paige
Staff member
Taj loves to jump in the dryer as it is high up off the ground...but at least I see him do it. One of the things on a list of savannah proofing should be checking the washer and dryer each time before use.

Kurt Mylar

Savannah Super Cat
I was pretty scared at the thought of him in the dryer. Loki has been the devil as a kitten both Tiger and Bintu are not that sponky. Tiger is 19 pounds Bintu is 15 pounds so they are on the large side they dont fit in the washer or the dryer that well. Loki on the other hand gets into everything he can he is the explorer of the three. He is so fast and smart and his coloring makes him almost invisable at times so we are going to have to keep an eve on him alot closer.

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
This is the closest Kovu has been to going in the dryer.. lol

Attachments

• a29a8654aded11e1abb01231382049c1_7.jpg
    a29a8654aded11e1abb01231382049c1_7.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 28