Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cat Stroller?

Trishy

Site Supporter
Good advice Pam, thanks!!

I spent time reading all of the reviews on the no-zip feature and gave it a lot of thought. Being able to open a zipper in one spot would be better I think to contain them but then again they would both probably try to push through at the same time. With the no zip I will have to use the tethers when outdoors (transferring from their car seat to stroller) and lots of training and rewards to try and keep them steady as the whole hood opens. I plan to do lots of practice runs inside my garage. The lock seems secure enough for them not to be able to get at it, but I will post a review once I have used it a few times.

Trishy

Site Supporter
Pet Gear no zip Special Edition stroller...

Pros: Very light weight and easy to fold and pick up. Seems very sturdy and their claws are not going through the material or mesh. No zip hood is very easy to use. Good over the lumps and bumps on the path around the perimeter of my yard. Large cargo space underneath that Smooch would like to ride in.

Cons: As stated in one of the comments on Amazon the hood frame was a little off. After some bending I was able to align it. When folded there is a plastic arm/latch on one piece of the frame and a knob on another. I imagine that this is supposed to be to lock it together when folded but the arm is too long and doesn't line up with the knob. The locking mechanism for the hood seems capable but I am still going to try and think of something else for backup. A clip maybe.

Leo and Smooch LOVE it. Sadly I think it will only fit one of them at a time when they are grown as they both want the front seat. Smooch is 6 months today and 8lbs. Leo will be 6 months in 2 weeks and he is also 8 lbs.

2015-08-03 13.41.39.jpg 2015-08-05 11.36.28 HDR.jpg 2015-08-05 11.36.37 HDR.jpg 2015-08-08 13.40.54.jpg 2015-08-08 13.41.14.jpg 2015-08-08 13.42.38copy.jpg 2015-08-08 13.42.54.jpg 2015-08-08 14.38.39 HDR.jpg 2015-08-08 14.38.53copy.jpg 2015-08-09 11.53.28.jpg 2015-08-09 11.53.41.jpg 2015-08-09 11.55.50 HDR.jpg 2015-08-09 11.57.35 HDR.jpg

admin

Paige
Staff member

Trish Allearz

I like that it doesn't zip! That's the issue I had with my stroller almost immediately was the zipper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the review! Alas, I have the same issue with my stroller being too small for more than one adult cat to fit at a time...

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Pet Gear no zip Special Edition stroller...

Pros: Very light weight and easy to fold and pick up. Seems very sturdy and their claws are not going through the material or mesh. No zip hood is very easy to use. Good over the lumps and bumps on the path around the perimeter of my yard. Large cargo space underneath that Smooch would like to ride in.

Cons: As stated in one of the comments on Amazon the hood frame was a little off. After some bending I was able to align it. When folded there is a plastic arm/latch on one piece of the frame and a knob on another. I imagine that this is supposed to be to lock it together when folded but the arm is too long and doesn't line up with the knob. The locking mechanism for the hood seems capable but I am still going to try and think of something else for backup. A clip maybe.

Leo and Smooch LOVE it. Sadly I think it will only fit one of them at a time when they are grown as they both want the front seat. Smooch is 6 months today and 8lbs. Leo will be 6 months in 2 weeks and he is also 8 lbs.

View attachment 18672 View attachment 18673 View attachment 18674 View attachment 18675 View attachment 18676 View attachment 18677 View attachment 18678 View attachment 18679 View attachment 18680 View attachment 18681 View attachment 18682 View attachment 18683 View attachment 18684

Thanks for the review and the pics! How sturdy do you rate the mesh on the stroller? I wouldn't anticipate an issue with the locking mechanism, but I would hope the mesh is sturdy enough to withstand kitty claws, intentional or not...

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
Mine, which is the 4 wheel version, is very sturdy. They would have to really work at it to break the mesh. It is quite heavy duty and tough.

Trishy

Site Supporter
I haven't seen any damage to the mesh at all and they have been clawing at it trying to get at shrub branches and bugs that fly close. I poke a blade of grass through the mesh and they claw to get at it and still no damage. I leave it open in the house or on the porch and it's their new go-to spot for wrestling. I will check back in a few days after a few more rounds and an inspection.

DChap

Site Supporter
I ordered this one which is somewhere in between WW and Cary's. I would have loved to get the double one but I think it will be too heavy for me to lift into the back of my old ford expedition.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00DYW734C

I also ordered this rolling carrier as they are getting too heavy to lug around in the hard carrier and it looks easier to attach the seatbelt in the car...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B003UOVMLE

Thanks so much for your suggestions, I really appreciated it and I'll let you know how these turn out. :)

After reading this thread I went out and got the same rolling carrier for Kinaya to use for vet visits since she's outgrown the hard plastic one and I probably couldn't carrier her in it anyways :LOL:. Good thing I got the biggest one they had because when she sits up straight in it- uh oh. She's 9 months old so we'll see. Both my cats jumped right into it when I brought it home. I'm sure that will change though when the find out where it will be taking them ;).

FullSizeRender (3).jpg
FullSizeRender (5).jpg