Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Cat Tree Height vs Savannah Weight

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
I'm thinking if I do the tree branch idea without the leaves I would cut in half and use a steel hinge to hold together that way I can fold in half, and just latch together so that it doesn't collapse. I hear ya on the portability issue. I need I do something easily moved as well since I am In an apartment

"Those who wander aren't always lost"

John Popp

Site Supporter
Hey John, not sure if you have an Ikea near you, but their Gorm shelves provide a good foundation for an Ikea hack that would be easy to get wheels on when you relocate.

FGN55QHGOWNTEP3.MEDIUM.jpg

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Hey John, not sure if you have an Ikea near you, but their Gorm shelves provide a good foundation for an Ikea hack that would be easy to get wheels on when you relocate.

I like that layout... that is a great idea, And it looks like it would be hard to knock over... familiar with IKEA, but there is not one anywhere close to me, but I could problem build one something like that from Lowes or Home Depot....

BTW, How do you keep Dino from knocking the bowl off the shelf???

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member

admin

Paige
Staff member

I really like this John! But I am not handy :(

Jim & Baghira

Savannah Super Cat
I´m thinking on making one myself....still looking for some nice ones to get a idea. I´m a carpenter so as long as it´s out of wood no problems ;)

John Popp

Site Supporter
BTW, How do you keep Dino from knocking the bowl off the shelf???

Hey John, that's not me with the Ikea hack on those shelves just one I found elsewhere. Dino would have that dish on the ground in seconds if there was water in it.

At work and with the opening of new stores we do a ton of Ikea hacks to build something really cool, functional and low cost. The largely European contributors to sites like ikeahackers.net come from places where space is at a premium aesthetics are paramount. Anyway, just tons of cool stuff there and it will oft get you headed down an even better path than anything you saw there.