Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Cat Turns Treat Monster

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Found this today...

When our 6-month-old kitten - an otherwise loving and affectionate bundle of fur - discovered a bag of cat treats in the cupboard, he turned into a possessive treat MONSTER as I tried to reason with him that cats get ONE treat, not 200.

Not to worry, all you armchair behaviorists, he grew up to be an affectionate, well-adjusted and behaved cat. This little game of tug-o-war didn't ruin him as some might have guessed.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
100% Zeddie. I could have a video just like this, except mine would include growling because Zeddie is the ultimate treat monster

Kristin

Animal Communicator
LOL, It would have probably ended with Zeddie with the bag of treats...

Multiple times. With a big old hole smack dab in the middle of the bag, because that's where the treats actually are. I have finally found a spot that she can't get them now, to help herself.

This lady had it right, cats get 1 treat, not 200! Unless that cat is Zeddie. Then she gets 1000 because she can help herself

Eddies

Eddies a ham!
Eddie grabs & runs with the bag now! While bringing in groceries I have to know which bag has the treats or he takes them out & makes a mad dash for the other room!

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Eddie grabs & runs with the bag now! While bringing in groceries I have to know which bag has the treats or he takes them out & makes a mad dash for the other room!

Smart kitty.. You trained him well.. He was only offering to store them in a secure location.