Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Cats reverting to old ways

Jacob Steel

Savannah Super Cat
Hey,

I just got away for a vacation and my cats were very well behaved. Not since I stood there for a few hours taking the kittens off the counter have they attempted to get back on the counter for a few weeks. But my girlfriend who's house sitting for me, she said this morning James opened her Tupperware and ate her lunch while she was talking to Jessie for being on the counter. Her lunch was also on the counter.

Were they only not going on the counter when I was around? Or maybe she didn't play with them enough and now they are bored so they jumped back to the counter?

Anyone have something similar happen when you went away? What did you tell the person watching the kittens to do? I'm worried she might get fed up and try and spray bottle train the kittens which I don't believe in.

Jacob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I suspect your kitties have been entertaining themselves on the counters all along when you're not in the vicinity. I certainly am not surprised to hear that they got up there when there was food left out and unattended... any cat would take that as an invitation to investigate further... :rolleyes:

SavannahLuv

Site Supporter
Unless you put something up there to prevent the kittens from jumping on the counters, they will most likely continue to do it while you aren't watching/are gone. I plan on using a scat mat in the new house to keep Shango off the cook top stove. Ideally I'd like him to stay off all the counters, but I'm willing to compromise as long as he knows he can never jump on the stove top (even when it's not in use, he won't be allowed on it).