Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Comcast.net highlights this am - "Expensive Cat"

admin

Paige
Staff member
Great! Ridgely, maybe we can contact them and see if we can get them to do something on Savannahs that is more representative...lets see who the producers are. I don't have Comcast though, so you may have to get the info.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Medesha

Savannah Super Cat
Man, I hate that video. Since when is the Cheetah descended from the Lion!?

I laughed at the clip of that Serval when the speaker was like, "Look at this dangerous beast!" and it was carrying a lizard in its mouth. Servals are one of the smallest cats on the savannah, it's not taking down cape buffalo and giraffes!

Vakai is licking my face right now. He's a dangerous, unpredictable beast to be sure!

R

rollinridge

Paige - you can get on the www.comcast.net site - it's the main page so it's open for everyone to see.
I showed the vid to the girls here at work and they asked why they made the Savannahs seem scary when they know my kitties. (But loved the clips of the kittens).

admin

Paige
Staff member
Wow - I had never seen that before...I wonder why Comcast decided to play it now?I thought it was a Jersey thing (Comcast) but I guess not...what a crock! $25,000 - $30,000? Granted the video is from 2010, but it is still all a crock!!! Beasts, roar, wild???

This is why we MUST be careful when talking about our Savannahs...they are not beasts, they are not wild and they do not roar!!! If people continue to refer to them this way, we will have a hard time, in this climate, keeping them legal :(

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
I'm pretty sure I've seen that broadcast before....I know I'll be getting some new phone calls now wanting one of "them big leopard-looking cats"...sigh.

A

adamcrssmn

It's on youtube too and the comments... [shakes head] Ugh...:sick:

Patti

Admin
Staff member
This is an old episode on a show called Weird, True and Freaky, produced by Animal Planet. It's been around for at least a couple of years. Just like any other AP production, it promotes a lot of non-truths (check out their Savannah episode on Cats 101).