Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Cool vs. Warm......Just wondering

Presley777

Savannah Teenager
When it comes to a "cool' spotted vs. a "warm" spotted is one more desirable in showing, breeding and or owning? I'm just curious. Thanks in advance:)

Trish Allearz

There isn't- it's owner preference. A lot of people think that warm Savannahs are the only way to go, but that's not true according to our standard and the show hall. A typey cat is a typey cat- and since cool is the flipside of warm, meh :)

Wyldthingz

Savannah Super Cat
As far as selling pets, the warm browns are more desirable. It is a very attractive color. Showing savannahs is entirely a different cup of tea. That have to fit the standard which can be read up on on the TICA website. The cat can have bling spots to die for and totally be ignored by the judges as their type isn't there.

My big concern lately is the quantity of breeders requesting kitten with the warm brown with bling spots and they buy some awful bengally looking thing for their breeding program. Before breeding, even pet breeders should know what Savannahs should look like. For a few years, Savannahs and Bengals looked very similar. I was glad to see the trend away from that.

Trish Allearz

I happen to love the cool Savannahs...but I love them all...as for showing, warm or cool really does not make a difference - it is all about type for showing!
I think some of the cool are much more dramatic looking then some of the warm- so I like them both too, Paige! And I've found the homes seem to like a little bit of everything! Heck, my nonstandard F2s always have a huge fan base!

admin

Paige
Staff member
I think some of the cool are much more dramatic looking then some of the warm- so I like them both too, Paige! And I've found the homes seem to like a little bit of everything! Heck, my nonstandard F2s always have a huge fan base!

And what is funny, Trish, is that many people are commenting on the cinnamon (boy?) - so see, Savannahs don't have to be BST's to be popular ;) But then again, you already know this.

Wyldthingz

Savannah Super Cat
I think there is always an audience for the odd ball colors. I think the hardest is the mels as you can't see the spotting in most of them. I am a black cat lover so I think they are beautiful.