Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Declawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dantes

That's the great thing about this world though- you are entitled to your opinion and I'm glad you have it :) You can educate people against declawing and as long as you match your passion with reason, it will serve a lot of good in the long run :)

Thanks for recognizing the difference :)

One other big difference. I don't give an ultimatum and then use my ill-gotten power to control other people. Instead, I voice my opinion and then give advice on alternatives. Which I hope they take, but can't/wouldn't force them to.

As far as docking goes, my parents always docked their dogs' tails, ears, etc, like everyone else. TBH, it really grosses me out. Although as a kid I got over it quickly, I'm finding as an adult, it really bothers me. IMO, it makes a dog less attractive. Still, I'm not going to deny you (or my family or anyone else) the right to dock. I might try to convince you that I consider it less attractive and perhaps not in the best interest of the pet, though. But as far as barbaric practices go, at least it's not as harmful as declawing. After all, I do have pierced ears (thanks mom), even if I would not choose to have them today.

Per Lausund

Staff member
I remember once doing a difficult caesarian on a Vorsteh, years ago. I got the puppies out, one by one, they were weak and I had two techs doing great work getting them to breathe and persuading them to continue breathing. They were then given to the owner.
I heard small yelps over in that corner and in between groping inside the uterus for more half-dead puppies and cleaning everything out I asked what the noise was all about: It was the owner "docking" the tails of the half-dead puppies we were helping live:devil: . Believe me, few people have gotten out of my office faster than that guy, and we took care of the puppies until next day, thank you, and billed him for it. He never dared protest, and I never saw him in office again, good riddance.
In fact, come to think of it, none of those whose dogs were "docked" at my clinic ever wanted me to do it again: there was something about anaesthesia, full surgical procedure etc they found too expensive, I suppose. They seemed to think a pair of scissors was enough. They came back for other treatments, though!:dog:

jungle boy

Savannah Super Cat
I remember once doing a difficult caesarian on a Vorsteh, years ago. I got the puppies out, one by one, they were weak and I had two techs doing great work getting them to breathe and persuading them to continue breathing. They were then given to the owner.
I heard small yelps over in that corner and in between groping inside the uterus for more half-dead puppies and cleaning everything out I asked what the noise was all about: It was the owner "docking" the tails of the half-dead puppies we were helping live:devil: . Believe me, few people have gotten out of my office faster than that guy, and we took care of the puppies until next day, thank you, and billed him for it. He never dared protest, and I never saw him in office again, good riddance.
In fact, come to think of it, none of those whose dogs were "docked" at my clinic ever wanted me to do it again: there was something about anaesthesia, full surgical procedure etc they found too expensive, I suppose. They seemed to think a pair of scissors was enough. They came back for other treatments, though!:dog:

Thank God the babies had and have you to speak up for them Per. It's incredible how callous people can be doing that procedure to a living thing with no anesthesia. UNBELIEVABLE! WOW!

Kimmyqitty

Site Supporter
Oooooooooo! I got one!!! What about SURCOMSISION??? Human males have NO voice when they are babies, you can't ask them if they want their penis cut. What about that? Anyone?

Kimmyqitty

Site Supporter
Surcomsision is purely cosmetic. Men with an unsurcomsised penis know how to keep it clean and not have issues. But as a newborn male child, they also have no voice as to whether or not they want to be disfigured.

Status
Not open for further replies.