Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Diapers

mandyloo

Savannah Super Cat
My two year old is potty training, and Mango loves to run off with dirty diapers.

Anyone else experience this? She doesn't rip them open or eat the feces... she uses them almost like a ball or a "lovey" carrying them with her for hours.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Hmm... I do not have kids around, but I have had Elsa to drag things around.... Once she spilled water on the floor in the kitchen, and then being a good little girl, she promptly went upstairs, grabbed a dirty towel, drug it downstairs... I saw her going around the corner with it, and when I got there she was dragging it over the spilled water.... They will pull things around, not sure of a good fix for it, but you may want to find a storage container with a Pad Lock as they can open almost anything.

I am sure someone will have good advice for you, I guess you could say you have a Crappy Problem... :poop::rolleyes::rolleyes:

mandyloo

Savannah Super Cat
Ha! It's not gross yet, just annoying. She will seek those suckers out!

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Eww lol luckily Zeddie doesn't do that. She sniffs my niece's diapers...I think that is enough for her:roflmao:

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I think a diaper might be the perfect texture for a cat to sink its teeth into. You should try giving Mango a clean diaper rolled up, or pour clean water into it to absorb first and see if she likes it just a much. However, I would be careful allowing her to have this type of 'toy' unsupervised - there are way too many bad things in even a clean diaper that could harm her.

mandyloo

Savannah Super Cat
Patti, great idea!! She has no interest in getting the hoods inside, and actually won't go near one that isn't rolled up. Yet normal toy balls hold no interest. These odd creatures...