Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Do Savannahs eat Legos?

barbja

Savannah Super Cat
Have any of you guys had a problem with your Savannahs eating Legos? I expect there wouldn't be a problem with the blocks, but what about the little people parts and their accessories?

My son has Legos all over our family room (it seems like on every horizontal solid surface!) and I'm wondering if I need to have him pick them all up and keep them stowed when not playing with them after our SV arrives.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Have any of you guys had a problem with your Savannahs eating Legos? I expect there wouldn't be a problem with the blocks, but what about the little people parts and their accessories?

My son has Legos all over our family room (it seems like on every horizontal solid surface!) and I'm wondering if I need to have him pick them all up and keep them stowed when not playing with them after our SV arrives.

They should probably be picked up...I don't have Legos, but can assume many Savannahs would chew on them and perhaps swallow...I wouldn't take the chance.

Trish Allearz

I have not had any Legos chewed on here- but anything is really a possibility. I pick up all of the time- all of the time. The major things I would say- watch hair bands (rubber bands), balloons (we are an anti-balloon house) and... let me think a bit and I'll remember the other no-nos! LOL!

admin

Paige
Staff member
I have not had any Legos chewed on here- but anything is really a possibility. I pick up all of the time- all of the time. The major things I would say- watch hair bands (rubber bands), balloons (we are an anti-balloon house) and... let me think a bit and I'll remember the other no-nos! LOL!

we should put the no-nos in a list somewhere, yes?

K

Kronos

Both my cats as kittens were highly curious about everything, like puppies, and put anything and everything in their mouths. I would be careful about legos because a kitten might decide it would be fun to swallow.

My boys outgrew the picking everything up by around 5 - 6 months of age and now just have a few fetishes lol... like paper :eek:

Michelle Anderson

Savannah Super Cat
Shyla seems to like rubber bands and paper. So all our hair ties, rubber bands etc....are always hidden in a drawer or somewhere she can't get them.....I've caught her a few times with them when we first brought her home, and it make me nervous that she'd swallow them....which she never did, thank god. :)

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
I went out & got two big storage containers for Elijah to keep his smaller toys (like Legos, those little squishy people-I forget what they are called), his little pokemon). After Kovu ate the wires to my Bose headphones I'm going to say yes, a Savannah could possibly eat anything. lol

Arline

Savannah Super Cat
We have TONS of Legos around here and never had a problem with them. However, they were not left out after my son was done playing with them. I would be careful in case you have a kitty that is interested in just that type of stuff. The things we have to keep under lock and key around here are hair/rubber bands. Dash will eat these and I found this out when he urped one up many years ago. Since then, they've been put away. We used to have to watch for photos lying around as well, they get licked, but that was by a domestic kitty.