Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Does your SV have a self-imposed bedtime?

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Rafiki usually comes to bed around 1 am. She was late last night however....it seems that she was occupied with a bit of savandalism. I left a large plastic container of stinky freeze dried salmon on the counter. She tells me that Jammu was feeling a bit peckish in the night so she jumped up on the counter and got it for him. When I got to the kitchen this morning, the container was sparkling clean. Neither cat was yelling for breakfast either.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Mine don't go to bed on their own like that, but as soon as I go to our bathroom and start my nighttime routine (washing face and teeth etc), they start piling on the bed. We've also in the past year started a "midnight snack" on our dressers that is part of that routine so Baz will be on there whining too...

The snack started because of Zari and me trying to get her to eat when she was ill, but now they all think they need sustenance at that time...and it does serve to settle them down for sleep after eating so we've continued it.

But the routine is triggered by me, not by the time of night.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Hmmmm.....my SV is a freak. Feeding her equates to refueling the nitro-powered engine......it does not settle her down for sleep. Thank goodness Jammu needs the exercise.

Evie

Savannah Super Cat
All three of mine seem to sleep from around 10 - 11pm to around 5-6am - sometimes they will doze a bit longer. They tend to crash again at lunchtime until 6pm ish! With naps in between :)
I do love waking up to them playing,:)however early and tired I feel, they always make me smile.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
For mine it is a version of the routine suggested on things like My Cat From Hell... hunt eat sleep. We play while I am finishing any emails in my office, they eat and then they settle down... it might be the order it is done in. They usually have had quite some leaping about before we move to the bedroom (I learned not to play with them in there!)....