Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Drain plugs

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Ugh. We're remodeling the master bath this coming spring and I chose a toilet with a standard handle rather than the buttons because of the cats. Seriously, they have such an impact on our lives, we can't even buy the kind of toilet we want.
One of the first F3 kittens I produced went to a home with handles on the toilet. He quickly learned how to make the toilet flush, she hadn't learned to put the lid down yet and he found that a great toy. I'm not sure a handle is safer than the buttons...

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I'm not sure a handle is safer than the buttons...
I neglected to mention that the particular toilet I was looking at also was a handless model that has a proximity sensor in it. That was more my concern than the flushing mechanism. Just imagine what life would be like with such a toilet and a SV "ohhh I walks by and it opens, I walks away and it closes...open close open close...ohhhh the bidet thingy is tasty...ooh the heated seat is cozy, no human allowed." LOL. I didn't need a $5000 toilet anyway.

John Popp

Site Supporter
I neglected to mention that the particular toilet I was looking at also was a handless model that has a proximity sensor in it. That was more my concern than the flushing mechanism. Just imagine what life would be like with such a toilet and a SV "ohhh I walks by and it opens, I walks away and it closes...open close open close...ohhhh the bidet thingy is tasty...ooh the heated seat is cozy, no human allowed." LOL. I didn't need a $5000 toilet anyway.

Kohler is a client of mine, and when I’ve seen some of the bathroom sets I’ve thought to myself “people sure think there poop is pretty important”.

So now I’m feeling pretty foolish with the newfound understanding that these are just elaborate playgrounds for savannahs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I’ve thought to myself “people sure think there poop is pretty important”.
I know right? I laughed out loud when I saw the remote control for the toilet. So now you can adjust the heat setting for your tush, get a shampoo and blow dry for your dainty bits, and have the toilet clean itself every time you flush. The things a savannah could do with that boggles the mind.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Oh my.....we will be remodeling the master bath and a guest bath next year........the things to consider! :eek::oops:

John Popp

Site Supporter
So now you can adjust the heat setting for your tush, get a shampoo and blow dry for your dainty bits, and have the toilet clean itself every time you flush.

I've seen some sets at Kohler which were used for a couple seconds in a commercial that they spent 6 figures for. Programmable 12 head shower sets, complete with temperature control as well as targeting. Double long endless tubs that the water cycles through. Again, I thought all this stuff was for people with stupid money, but now come to realize it's simply Kohler cashing in on when the cat steals the plutonium AMEX card.

Sistersavannahs

Savannah Super Cat
Ooh. That sounds like loads of fun! They watch when we flush since we have both buttons and levers on the toilies. (We distract whenever possible) So far they haven’t flushed yet!

But we did have a flood in the bathroom when someone turned on the faucet and plugged the sink. :eek:
We’ve learned to react to any sound that’s not normal or to complete silence!

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
At the place we are now, you can't rotate the handle so the boys are locked out of the master bath. The basement bathroom has a pull up actuator and to my knowledge they haven't figured out.

You just cursed yourself on that one...Give them time I am sure they will figure it out soon :)

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Our toilet paper has to live in coleman coolers in the bathroom, because that is the only way it is safe. Our F3 is attacking the coolers now so it is only a matter of time before we have to switch to a safe with a combination lock. LOL

I do much the same in my upstairs bath... I have an old Towel Warmer that I don't use any longer... She cannot open it so the TP is safe... Down Stairs, I have it on the top shelf of a Wire Rack and she does not like that one.. TP Problem solved, but she has never been a major aggressor of Toilet Paper!

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Ooh. But we did have a flood in the bathroom when someone turned on the faucet and plugged the sink. :eek:
We’ve learned to react to any sound that’s not normal or to complete silence!

Hmm... This sounds like accusations without proof... Are you sure that a Savannah Plugged the Sink and then turned the water on? Are you saying you have camera's in your bath room! :love: - Hmm.... Maybe it was your Husband or someone Else... One or the other maybe.. But both???

Where is "Judge SVDAD"!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: