Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Eating Fabric

Snakebike

Savannah Super Cat
I had a Bengal that would chew on and eat fabric. I thought for a long time it was Pica. It turned out he needed more fiber. As soon as I added more fiber to his diet, the problem went away. Amazon and Chewy sells some pumpkin fiber for cats and dogs.

Sean

Site Supporter
Bella would groom the fuzzy blankets to the point there was noting left of them.
The odd thing is with the passing of both of my boys she has stopped with the blankets.
One thing I have always done with the boys and Bella is a tub of grass to chew on.
Bella still goes for plastic with Zip-Lock being here favorite flavor.

Pleas post any info on your progress.

One thing I have always done with the boys and Bella is a tub of grass to chew on.
Bella still goes for plastic with Zip-Lock being here favorite flavor.

Pleas post any info on your progress.
Kitty grass is good stuff, agreed - our boys go nuts for it, and I noticed less box/paper chewing from Bear after they started getting it.
Ziplock, lol. Ninja prefers grocery store bags. :roflmao:

Sean

Site Supporter
I have been using gras that is intended for People. The stuff at the pet store is silly priced and the
people stuff is only $2.00 vs the $5.99 at the pet store.

Sean

Site Supporter
Has anyone with this issue tried stuff like Bitter Yuck?

I can tell you from spraying it near the heater duct and getting a bunch in the face that the stuff is NASTY!

Snakebike

Savannah Super Cat
Bitter Yuck would work to stop the eating of fabric but I think the cat would end up finding something else to chew on if it was a medical, behavioral or dietary problem like lack of fiber.

Sean

Site Supporter
Of all the tous I get for any cat I have one or more are of the type that they can chew on.
Xander at first wanted to chew on a few things . What I did was take an old sock and tie
some knots in it and played tug or war with him. Later I just let him have it to chew on. So far
that had been the only thing he has chewed on. That is unless you also count Bella's tail. She
can defend that her self.