Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Elsa does seem to be feeling well

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Getting ready to take Elsa to the Vet... Measuring her Temp in her ear (optical thermometer). With that I measured her temp at 94.9 deg (per internet search this seems low). She is eating fine, and over all acts ok, but is laying around more, not begging as much, and does not want to be handled which is very unusual... Any advice would be appreciated. Not sure if I should give her more time or what? One notation is her nose is slightly warmer than normal! Also, no change in Bathroom Habits and deposits look normal.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I'm a fan of erring on the side of being paranoid with my babies, so I would take her to the vet as you intend. At worst she's not happy with you for a bit and you have paid for your peace of mind.

It's a difficult one though, eating and eliminating okay but just lethargic and anti-social is fairly vague and so I hope your vet can work out what is going on. Update us!

Vito

Site Supporter
I hope Elsa is just having a wee off day and is back to normal soon, fingers crossed all will be well with beautiful Elsa,

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Could not get her to the vet Friday... Going to Try Monday... She is acting ok, except when I pick her up... then she gets all fidgety like something is hurting her underside! I thought it may be a case of her being mad at me over something, but I do not think that is the case now.

Vito

Site Supporter
I think it's a case of YOU know your cat and know when something isn't quite right, and in the case of our Savannahs or any species for that matter, it's best to get them checked over to be on the safe side. I hope you get appointment at the vet on Monday and hope it's positive news.

Vito

Site Supporter
Could not get her to the vet Friday... Going to Try Monday... She is acting ok, except when I pick her up... then she gets all fidgety like something is hurting her underside! I thought it may be a case of her being mad at me over something, but I do not think that is the case now.
Hi John, any news on Elsa today?