Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

f2 female weight...

majkowskid

Savannah Child
hello everyone. about a month ago my girl and i bought a f2 female from joykatz. her name is macy and we love her! she just turned five months today and yesterday she went to the vet for shots. he weighed her at 5 lbs 9 oz. we are thinking she should be a bit larger by now....she eats like a pig but shes rather scrawny. any input?

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
The breeders will probably answer you better, but that sounds about right. I have full blown F3 adults who are scrawny but very healthy and active. Only 11-12 pounds. The real question is, does the cat seem healthy? That's the real goal to attain.

admin

Paige
Staff member
That is a proper weight for Macy! We usually say about one pound a month.

But since she is a female, she may not get very large.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
It would be unusual for Macy to be a huge cat. We DO see larger cats at F2 generation but it is the males that tend to be largest not the girls. My F2 from Joykatz was never more than 10lbs, another one a friend of mine had was only 8lbs but her littermate brother was 35!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Jacqui, that was Kristine's Lulu and Rumsfeld (Rummy)...they were also my Bobo's younger siblings and he only got to 13-14lbs!