Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

F4 cats with digestive issues

Foodgoddess

Site Supporter
Boiled chicken is very soothing to the gut, this is a good choice when reintroducing food. If she has a problem on the boiled chicken that would be a clue that she has an allergy to chicken and would consider an alternative protein such as duck, turkey, beef, etc. BTW, if you have her on the plain boiled chicken for more than a few days you will need to add a supplement to make sure she is getting the proper nutrients (calcium, vitamins, minerals, etc.)[/

Thank you for the advice. I greatly appreciate it.

NikkiA

Site Supporter
Our F4 Boy was quite sick for some time this winter.
He had either gotten into something he should not have had while we were away (we had a cat sitter, but he is a thief), or developed an allergy to his food. We are not sure which. At any rate, we removed the dry food, and the wet food our boys ate, and replaced it with cooked chicken, cooked rice, and cooked turkey, and gradually, over the course of about 8 weeks, he stopped vomiting and having diarrhea (keep in mind, he was going to the vet for hydration under the skin and an anti nausea medicine about 1x every weak, so diet alone was not a silver bullet). We changed his food, and we have been OK for about 2 months now.
Do I know what the problem was, exactly? Nope. What I do know is that he is doing better now, and that is enough to make me, and our vet, happy. I emailed with our breeder, and she was concerned, but again, we have no conclusion. I am sorry to say this, but you may have to be satisfied with a healthy kitty, and not an answer.

Foodgoddess

Site Supporter
Our F4 Boy was quite sick for some time this winter.
He had either gotten into something he should not have had while we were away (we had a cat sitter, but he is a thief), or developed an allergy to his food. We are not sure which. At any rate, we removed the dry food, and the wet food our boys ate, and replaced it with cooked chicken, cooked rice, and cooked turkey, and gradually, over the course of about 8 weeks, he stopped vomiting and having diarrhea (keep in mind, he was going to the vet for hydration under the skin and an anti nausea medicine about 1x every weak, so diet alone was not a silver bullet). We changed his food, and we have been OK for about 2 months now.
Do I know what the problem was, exactly? Nope. What I do know is that he is doing better now, and that is enough to make me, and our vet, happy. I emailed with our breeder, and she was concerned, but again, we have no conclusion. I am sorry to say this, but you may have to be satisfied with a healthy kitty, and not an answer.

I would be happy with a healthy kitty, if we could only reach that point. She has just went on the boiled chicken, rice and yogurt. We will do this for 36 hours, per the advice on Vet's Corner. So far she is doing much better. No vomiting or diarrhea. So I am happy. My kitty Rayna is not so happy. She still wants more food, but we are taking it slow, as directed. Plenty of hydration though.

NikkiA

Site Supporter
Our other two boys were not happy when we pulled their food either. But it eventually worked. Hopefully your little one will feel better soon too!

Foodgoddess

Site Supporter
Thanks for the post. She is doing much better. Just a lot of juggling to let her lose from pen, keeping her away from the other cats kibble. She is doing well with the chicken and rice. Also gave her a little plain ypgurt. The improvement is such a relief. It is as stressful, as when one of my kids are sick.