Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Feline Leukemia

EJKumba24

Savannah Super Cat
Any thoughts on the vaccine?? I gave my baby the first one but I've been reading post on other forums and blogs that it is bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I think the general consensus is that if your cat is indoors only you don't need the feline leukemia vaccine.

EJKumba24

Savannah Super Cat
I think the general consensus is that if your cat is indoors only you don't need the feline leukemia vaccine.

I occasionally take him out for walks but there are no other non vaccinated cats around he is 95% online

Renee

Savannah Super Cat
Loki had his, but I have to tell you I was infuriated. The vet was supposed to just perform rabies. Instead he had three total shots he gave him. This was not what we had discussed.

After he had these shots he laid down and was a bit dizzy. Loki ran up a flight of stairs and laid down. From here he tried to hold his head up, but his eyes kept closing and rolling back. I absolutely freaked out. I was terrified he was having a bad reaction.

Please keep a close eye on your vet and make sure they do what you have actually asked them. I'm crazy protective after this event, but I'm alright with that. Any vet that doesn't want to deal with me is fine. It just means they are not the right one :)

EJKumba24

Savannah Super Cat
Loki had his, but I have to tell you I was infuriated. The vet was supposed to just perform rabies. Instead he had three total shots he gave him. This was not what we had discussed.

After he had these shots he laid down and was a bit dizzy. Loki ran up a flight of stairs and laid down. From here he tried to hold his head up, but his eyes kept closing and rolling back. I absolutely freaked out. I was terrified he was having a bad reaction.

Please keep a close eye on your vet and make sure they do what you have actually asked them. I'm crazy protective after this event, but I'm alright with that. Any vet that doesn't want to deal with me is fine. It just means they are not the right one :)

I do love my vet ! And I am wanting to discuss it with her. The reason we did the first shot was because there was 3 stray kittens hanging out around the house and I was just being over protective and when my nephews came over they would leave the door open and the little kittens would run in the house but I am in a much better area now and I protect my baby at all times so I just figured it was unnecessary. He luckily did not have a bad reaction. But because they are such different and special cats I always prefer to head here for a second opinion aside from my vets. And they want to put the 3 year dose when we go in for his annual check up. So I feel like we should not be getting it.