Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finding a Good Veterinarian

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
when it comes to veterinarian care, but not all veterinarians or veterinarian offices feel that way.
I can tell you from personal experience that over the years I've had vets say that my cats were the first SV's they have seen, and were concerned about what they were taking on. They knew of the Serval heritage and many expressed an uneasiness around the cats. And EVERY one of them were not only amazed but became fans of the breed in just one or two visits.

NikkiA

Site Supporter
We had a similar experience. One of the vets in the practice we go to was hesitant about seeing our F5 SBT boy because she had never seen a Savannah before. Once she met D, she was in love, and now sees Mickey pretty regularly (mostly because she is in the office on Saturdays, and he LOVES to get into things on Friday nights).
That said, Jarvis, our F3 boy, is nervous at the vet, and as a result, I only book him (for well visits) to see the vet who handles the exotic cats, and he always goes with D along for moral support (D LOVES the vet and helps Jarvis feel less nervous). If the vet is hesitant, it can go badly for the vet and the cat IMHO.

S

Sondra

I take our kitties to a VCA hospital. The office I go to has a vet who deals with exotic cats, and sees all to the Savannah's. That said, Mickey has seen every vet there, but all of the vets he has seen have been very kind to him (we are in NJ).

I will tell you, I am a bit OCD, but my boys have all had a full bloodworm panel, and while they were still kittens, they were seen every month. My boys are 10 months (Mickey), 15 months (Jarvis), and almost 2 (d- he turns two in July). I have had good experiences with both the exotic cat vet and all three of the other doctors at the VcA hospital where I take our boys.

Hi NiikiA! I am a savannah F3 owner myself in Toms River NJ looking for a good vet I can trust for my boy. He just turned 5 and I am looking for some advice... I would greatly appreciate if you could email me! Sassyson43@gmail.com

DougRD

Site Supporter
Hi NiikiA! I am a savannah F3 owner myself in Toms River NJ looking for a good vet I can trust for my boy. He just turned 5 and I am looking for some advice... I would greatly appreciate if you could email me! Sassyson43@gmail.com

I recommend Red Bank Veterinary Hospital in Tinton Falls, NJ. They are a full service veterinary hospital that does general medicine plus all the specialties there are. They also are a 24/7 emergency facility. You can get more info on their website at http://www.rbvh.net

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

admin

Paige
Staff member

I recommend Red Bank Veterinary Hospital in Tinton Falls, NJ. They are a full service veterinary hospital that does general medicine plus all the specialties there are. They also are a 24/7 emergency facility. You can get more info on their website at http://www.rbvh.net

I agree about Red Bank... I'm in northern Jersey, so don't go there, but I would if I was closer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk