Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Finding poop OUTSIDE the litter box.

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
Has anyone ever had an issue with their cat pooping outside the litter box?

I'm pretty sure Kovu does this when he is mad. I could be wrong, but it is awfully coincidental.

A couple weeks ago Glenn caught Kovu scratching at the couch one morning. He said "No!" in a firm voice. Kovu continued to scratch. Glenn got the squirt bottle & sprayed him with water & said "No" in a firm voice again. Kovu ran off. When he got home from work later that day, he noticed a little ball of poop on his desk. We kind of joked about it but thought, well, maybe it was stuck & it just happened to fall of on the desk.

Glenn deployed late last week. A couple days after he left I noticed another ball of poop where Glenn usually keeps his boots.

Then last night I woke up to hearing loud thumping sounds in the hallway. I opened the door & saw that Kovu had somehow found one of my hair ties. He was just having the time of his life playing with it in the hallway. Sadly for him, it HAD to go because he likes to eat them when he is done playing. I went to take it from him & he growled a little, but let go. This morning, a little ball of poop in front of my bedroom door.

Coincidence or is my cat out to get me? lol

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
Yes its out of pure spite,i use the same tatic on Mrs CC when she yells at me........Sorry couldnt help myself im a joker!
Haha, seriously tho! I'm afraid (okay maybe not afraid, but you know what I mean) to make him mad, don't want to be steppin in any poop!

C

Coolcat

Once in a while ill find a little bengal nugget on the carpet,i think that just happens sometimes.I dont know alot about SV but i bet its a coincidence.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I suspect it is one of the many things that is just a cat quirk, not related to being a Savannah. I know that Marilyn the Cat Coach would say that there is no spite pooping (or spite peeing) and that cats don't think that way...but sometimes they really make us think that they ARE making a statement with this behavior!

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
I suspect it is one of the many things that is just a cat quirk, not related to being a Savannah. I know that Marilyn the Cat Coach would say that there is no spite pooping (or spite peeing) and that cats don't think that way...but sometimes they really make us think that they ARE making a statement with this behavior!
haha Right? I was like okay.. maybe I'm just crazy, I don't know!