Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

For my 500th post . . .

Jason E

Savannah Super Cat
JasonE. Please don't get the wrong impression. Deborah, John Popp, Tort, myself, and a few others have a healthy friendly banter with postings, usually providing some comic relief. I enjoy their ribbing. Deborah has a special knack for eloquence and poetry. I usually work on sarcasm. JP and Tort have their own special brand of banter and life descriptors providing light hearted humor. Sometimes we hijack threads with these testy playful wars. You just saw a little of it. Once it hit several pages (it was downright hilarious). Enjoy it when it occurs. We do.
Deb, for clarification, I agreed the pickle had no seeds. Not on your art of deseeding.:p
Tort, great question. Brings out the twisted minds on this forum.:cool:

A couple of things. Jason is fine :p. Despite my modest post count, I have in fact been a member of this forum for close to...10 months? Its 9 or 10. I am fully aware of the banter, specifically between you, popp and deborah. I was merely trying to point out that the banter in this thread was especially out there. Generally it comes up when one of you makes a comment on the others sober status, or mental health. So the pickle talk was from left field. I have also probably read the majority of this banter, I remember the really long one and I believe deborah made an eloquent poem about poop? That may have been someone else. I generally just don't post much, but I read everything.

In regards to pickles, I am not from New York but my family is. Although I particularly hate the "everything is the best in NY schtick," the half sour is the king of pickles.

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
So, someone explain how you can have a half-sour pickle? Shouldn't be either all sour or not sour?

Kind of reminds me of the D.C. hotdog/brat thing called a half-smoke. I had one once and didn't detect any smoke at all. It didn't even set off the fire alarm. :confused:

D

Dantes

In regards to pickles, I am not from New York but my family is. Although I particularly hate the "everything is the best in NY schtick," the half sour is the king of pickles.

I have a list of things that are better in San Francisco, if that would even it out for you? But you gotta give NYC Pickles and Bagels.

burritos (if in doubt, read here: http://idlewords.com/2007/04/the_alameda-weehawken_burrito_tunnel.htm)
music festivals (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_San_Francisco_Bay_Area_festivals_and_fairs)
wine
hiking
sourdough
fresh produce (avocados, apricots, figs, and a whole host of things I'd never seen or tasted until I got here)

I could go on ....

D

Dantes

So, someone explain how you can have a half-sour pickle? Shouldn't be either all sour or not sour?

Kind of reminds me of the D.C. hotdog/brat thing called a half-smoke. I had one once and didn't detect any smoke at all. It didn't even set off the fire alarm. :confused:
You simply can't compare the nastiness of processed luncheon meat to that of a gorgeous and pure half sour pickle.

I believe (but not 100% certain) that the difference is that half sours are brined only in salt water, no vinegar. Ok, I know as fact that half sours don't contain vinegar, just not sure if full sours do. (Vinegar is the source of the sour in hot and sour soup and a whole bunch of other things.) I think there's a timing difference, too.

Found this: http://www.grubstreet.com/2007/02/guss_pickles_vendor_roger_jani.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Trish Allearz

A couple of things. Jason is fine :p. Despite my modest post count, I have in fact been a member of this forum for close to...10 months? Its 9 or 10. I am fully aware of the banter, specifically between you, popp and deborah. I was merely trying to point out that the banter in this thread was especially out there. Generally it comes up when one of you makes a comment on the others sober status, or mental health. So the pickle talk was from left field. I have also probably read the majority of this banter, I remember the really long one and I believe deborah made an eloquent poem about poop? That may have been someone else. I generally just don't post much, but I read everything.

What pray tell is a half sour pickle? Lol

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2