Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Four in the morning

C

Coolcat

Well, here it is, 4:00 a.m. and I can't sleep. :( The anticipation of Triton's arrival is killing me. Hubby went to bed about 2 1/2 hours ago. Might as well stay awake...he'll be getting up at 4:20, then heading for the airport. Wish I was going with him! I'd like to see where Triton comes from, and the change of weather would be greatly appreciated. Poor Triton is used to warmer climates. Hope he's not too angry at us for bringing him to the frigid midwest!

C

Coolcat

CC's return flight will be leaving Arizona around 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday. He should be pulling into the driveway at about 11:30 p.m. The weather is supposed to be a "balmy" 35 degrees during the day, and 23 that night. Not the heatwave Triton is accustomed to, but beats the heck out of the 14 degrees we've been having! I'm sure it will take several hours (if not most of the night) for him to settle down from the flight. Probably should have our son spend the night at Grandma's...needs his sleep for school. It's going to be a lonnnng 4 days for me, but at least the journey has begun! :up:

John Popp

Site Supporter
Ah, I thought Triton was being shipped and this was the pick up. Much better that someone goes and picks him up and having someone that cares for him as a travel companion will make all the difference in the world.

Definitely excited for you, and it sounds like a fun journey with a few different of new introductions. Triton is one lucky kitten!

C

Coolcat

Thanks, John! CC always has been one to put himself in the other guy's paws, lol! He couldn't stand the idea of Triton being handled by more strangers, then being all alone in cargo. I'm glad they'll get a chance to get to know each other a little in Triton's familiar surroundings before he's uprooted. I'm hoping it will make his journey just a bit less stressful for him.

Mr. Twister

Savannah Super Cat
I could not bear the idea of the air cargo route. I just drove out to Ohio to pick up my girl. But I'm certain everything will go just fine. In a few short days it will be completed and then he real fun can start.

scorpius

Chirps & Massive Headbutts
Well, here it is, 4:00 a.m. and I can't sleep. :( The anticipation of Triton's arrival is killing me. Hubby went to bed about 2 1/2 hours ago. Might as well stay awake...he'll be getting up at 4:20, then heading for the airport. Wish I was going with him! I'd like to see where Triton comes from, and the change of weather would be greatly appreciated. Poor Triton is used to warmer climates. Hope he's not too angry at us for bringing him to the frigid midwest!

Looks like the weather in Kingman isn't too much different than Ohio this week, so he may not know the difference ;). It's maybe 5-10 deg warmer in the daytime, that's about it I think. Kingman, being high desert, is quite a bit cooler than Phoenix in the low desert (where Shango lives). Either way, I bet you guys are getting excited! Would love to see some pix of Triton and his two sisters (one is marbled, the other is golden spotted like Shango but with much inkier spots, I believe she will be kept). ...dj

C

Coolcat

Glad to know there isn't such a drastic change in weather! I saw Triton and Shango's marbled sister on Arden's web page, but I don't think I saw the spotted one. Probably because they are keeping her, right? I know that CC plans on taking alot of photos while out there. Maybe he'll get one of Lady Delta Force, too. How far is Phoenix from Kingman?

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I think letting him go alone is not such a good idea seeing as how he appears to be a big pushover when it comes to animals. I already anticipate a discussion with the breeder about a 2-for the price X and you just may get a bigger than anticipated surprise when he gets home.;)