Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Getting a buddy for my F1 savannah

LuraLisa

Savannah Super Cat
I’m thinking of getting another cat that is compatible with my female 4 year old Savannah. Does it matter if it’s a male or female and how will she react to a kitten versus a young cat? My Savannah is a little on the aggressive side.

Any advice? I’ve attached a pic of my Savannah.

Lisa

Attachments

• F4795333-33FA-40DA-90AE-6A330D948BE3.jpeg
    F4795333-33FA-40DA-90AE-6A330D948BE3.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 21

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
Lol, she totally looks like a princess type! She’s a pretty, pretty girl! Female cats are more challenging to integrate, so I’d get a boy, and a kitten rather than a young cat. She’ll feel less threatened by a kitten. If you can, maybe ask after a more submissive kitten, since she’ll clearly be the alpha!

Maine Coons are mellow, as are Ragdolls - both larger breeds. Another SV could be fun... they’ll feed off each other for added hijinx action. :roflmao:

LuraLisa

Savannah Super Cat
Lol, she totally looks like a princess type! She’s a pretty, pretty girl! Female cats are more challenging to integrate, so I’d get a boy, and a kitten rather than a young cat. She’ll feel less threatened by a kitten. If you can, maybe ask after a more submissive kitten, since she’ll clearly be the alpha!

Maine Coons are mellow, as are Ragdolls - both larger breeds. Another SV could be fun... they’ll feed off each other for added hijinx action. :roflmao:

Thank you so much. That helped a lot. I really like the American Bobtail...your thoughts?

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
Thank you so much. That helped a lot. I really like the American Bobtail...your thoughts?

I don’t know much about Bobtails, maybe someone else will chime in on that for you. An internet search of their personality traits could be helpful, too.

Snakebike

Savannah Super Cat
Have you considered a Chausie? I have 2 Savannahs and a Chausie. it is a great mix and Chausies seem to be a bit less intense than the Savannahs but easily can keep up.

LuraLisa

Savannah Super Cat
Have you considered a Chausie? I have 2 Savannahs and a Chausie. it is a great mix and Chausies seem to be a bit less intense than the Savannahs but easily can keep up.
Are your Savannah’s male or female? Have never heard of a Chausie, I will look that up.

maryannb6843

Savannah Super Cat
I have a Maine Coon and a Singapura. I started worrying about my Maine Coon trying to keep up with the Savannah. He would get tired. The Singapura worked out perfectly. He’s as fast as my Savannah, can jump from a standing position on to my 6’2” sons shoulder and sometimes looks like he’s hydroplaning because of his tiny size moving so fast. As one of the smallest breeds of cat, he’s 3 and all of 5 lbs, it worked out perfectly they are so in love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maryannb6843

Savannah Super Cat
I have a Maine Coon and a Singapura. I started worrying about my Maine Coon trying to keep up with the Savannah. He would get tired. The Singapura worked out perfectly. He’s as fast as my Savannah, can jump from a standing position on to my 6’2” sons shoulder and sometimes looks like he’s hydroplaning because of his tiny size moving so fast. As one of the smallest breeds of cat, he’s 3 and all of 5 lbs, it worked out perfectly they are so in love.