Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Hair coming out chunks

HappyS

Savannah Super Cat
Titan lately I noticed had chunks of his hair coming out. He certainly isn't stressed and nothing has changed recently. He's curled up to me right now as I type this. Is this something I should be worried about?

He play fights with his sister a lot if that may make a difference.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367677676.852528.jpg

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Hard to tell from the picture if there's anything amiss with his health but that clump looks like what I find around here all the time after the boyz engage in a wrestling match. Is there a little scab attached to that clump? If so, it could be from a boo boo that healed.

HappyS

Savannah Super Cat
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367678950.916478.jpg
Yes, something hard at the end of the clump, like a litter clump. He been shedding like crazy for weeks but I assume its the weather warming up here.

That explains it then! Thanks, I just didn't want to ignore any health issues but I had never seen it in any other pets.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
It looks like a little scab at the end, so I'd think it is the play fighting getting a little rough...maybe time to trim claws?

HappyS

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks! We trimmed their claws today but their playing has always been pretty rough. The girl uses her claws while fighting sometimes... Even though her brother doesn't use his claws during play fighting.