Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Head Butts

B

Breheart

Keljin doesn't seem to do much headbutting on his own, I have to encourage it and ask him for one lol! He is so focused on playtime all the time he doesn't go out of his way for it. Now if he is walking along the top of the couch, and I put my face down to his level, he will gladly walk right up and headbutt. I have to make it convenient for him and he will do it, its cute :) I wish I got more!

K

Kronos

Kronos as a baby was a major head butter... no not a head butter, but skull smasher. He would ram into you so hard it hurt sometimes! He once crushed my nose lol. Now he is more into cheek rubbing than head butting, although still will give you a butt occasionally, just not as hard as they used to be. Aahh I miss those days.

Per Lausund

Staff member
Love head butts! something about them that make my day:)
It´s the same tactics as used by a small, red DSH at a place called Kabelvaag in Lofoten (I have friends there). I was out fishing with my son, who was fairly young at the time, and he caught a small fish which he hurriedly pulled ashore. The fish was landed, flapping, and this small cat comes along making it very clear that this was HIS harbour, ie HIS FISH! He was one and we were only two humans, so we totally caved in and gave him the fish. And what does the little thing do? He moves towards us and lets us give him a careful cuddle before leaving with the fish and a clear message "I shall be keeping an eye on you". Same as head butting...