Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Hello Fellow Savannites

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
OK When I got home, they were both back to their loving selves. I gave both some freeze dried chicken treats and now they are both all over me.
Also, I put Kiki in my room for about a half hour and let Zidi out of her room. She quickly went into the room net door and explored ( Regie's room) She also checked out the hallway. She was much more at ease. I am thinking she is finally wanting to explore more. I shall do this as often as I can. When she is happy and comfy in the whole house, then MAYBE she will be willing to be friends with Kiki.

Carykd7kau

I am amazed at how much different Azidi is in the last few weeks. (since I started having Andrea connect with her..) Whenever I walk into her room, if she is not sleeping, she starts talking and comes over for pets. She usually prefers pets over playing, although there ARE times when she is a wild play child. She is "nipping" less. Although it has been some time since she has actually bit, she still occasionally nips at me. When she does, she usually acts like she has committed a horrid crime. I have to assure her she is NOT in trouble. I only stop the petting session when she actually gets me. I do talk to her tho each time. No scolding, but explanation. She seems to understand. I am finding she is one VERY smart girl. And one who is very set in her ways. Yes, A Savannah set in her ways??? whoda thunk??? HA HA HA like that is a given. We are learning from each other. :)

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Any more forays into the hallway or living room? You might try closing the door to Regis' room next time you let Azidi out so that she has one less option to go to, and more incentive to visit you out in the living room...

Carykd7kau

Last night was a Kilifi visit in the cage. And then my bringing Kiki face to face with Zidi. (2 feet away) Zidi just looked. Kiki Was quiet too. Tonight will be a open door night/ And I will close the Regie room.

Carykd7kau

Ok Last nite and tonite Zidi was allowed to roam. Regies room was closed. She decided to wander out into the living room. Last night she did not run back in til I went into her room. Tonite she was back in her room in only 15 min. She was tired tonite. Had a big day. Daddy vacuumed her room. So it was a bit traumatic. She is fine tonite.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Once Azidi gets comfortable wandering out into the living room perhaps the next step (for both of them) is to have Kilifi in the crate in the living room when you open Zidi's door and let her out.