Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Hello from San Diego ...

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Our first cat trees were only about 3' tall. We were primarily concerned about sturdiness as these cats hit hard even as kittens. She outgrew them before she was 6 months old and we had to start creating high places for her to keep her off the shower enclosure, the tops of doors, the china cabinet, etc.

Evie

Savannah Super Cat
The cat tree looks great - we don't have anything like that in the UK! I have a few cat trees and always get the biggest most sturdy ones I can get as I hate the thought of them toppling over on my cats. I personally don't like the ones with multiple dangling toys as I have seen cats get caught up in them. It sounds as though you're baby is going to be thoroughly spoilt ! :)

Hina

Site Supporter
So we go to pick my boy in the evening and it was just perfect, he was happy to see us, even wore his harness and didn't make a fuss, was all happy and curious. Everything was going great until we waved the final goodbye that's the very second he decided something is amiss and made a dash to go back to the house!!!
Long story short, the two of us spent the next 30 minutes all upset in the car - me being all upset because he looked all sad and kept complaining and him being all sad !!! He did calm down but every time the car stopped or made a sharp turn on the mountains, he would try bolting. But once we got home it just took him 5 minutes to come out of his hiding spot and start playing - thank god for the play circuit - he just loved it. We had to leave him alone in the room to go pick some litter and boy was he happy to see us return !!! He just wanted to sit on my lap and purr and didn't want us to leave him alone even for a minute. Had to sit with him for an hr until he fell asleep. Now we have a tired kitten and even more exhausted husband in the bedroom - both of them happily snoring!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 17

Patti

Admin
Staff member
It sounds like he's doing wonderfully if it only took him five minutes to come out of his hiding place!

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
Happy for you Hina. Hope all goes well in the quest for a name for the little guy. He is adorable. :)

Diane

Savannah Super Cat
Hi and Welcome...:) I also agree finding the right name I think is the hardest part for a new kitty.....I'm expecting a new little one too, and going crazy finding a cool name!

Hina

Site Supporter
Oh yes, that's the hardest part. We have one confused kitten who has 3 names - Sasha, Misha and Spotty. I think he's just pretending to be confused bec he doesn't want to listen to us !