Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Help! IMHA

admin

Paige
Staff member
He was doing better last night, said he ate and his blood count was going up, this am he started to crash and is in on oxygen tank. Vet is looking into transfusion pricing.

Angie, I am so sorry :( I hope they can get this sorted out, get him his transfusion and give him a chance...please let us know...

Angie Panczak

Savannah Super Cat
Well got lucky, another vet has a transfusion machine, I have mom and dad so now they are at vet, everyone is getting tested for blood type and hopefully the transfusion works! He's not doing well right now, if this works then hopefully the meds will work too. I just can't believe how hard and fast this hit him.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Well got lucky, another vet has a transfusion machine, I have mom and dad so now they are at vet, everyone is getting tested for blood type and hopefully the transfusion works! He's not doing well right now, if this works then hopefully the meds will work too. I just can't believe how hard and fast this hit him.

All fingers, toes and paws crossed here Angle!

ALizzlyBear

Savannah Super Cat
Angie-
You and Loki are still in my thoughts. How is everything going? Is he pulling through? Did they find out the cause? Sorry for all the questions, I am just really hoping he is getting better and still 'praying' for you guys!

Angie Panczak

Savannah Super Cat
Hi, Loki did pass away on Friday. We matched his dad as a blood donor, my vet found a machine to do the transfusion. Right when they were going to start the IV Loki struggled and used up the last of his reserves and passed away. Vet said it was caused by a blood parasite that he most likely got from a bite via flea, mosquito or spider? That is what caused the IMHA. Mycoplasma hemofelis. It is such a freaky thing to happen.

Trish Allearz

Angie, thank you for following up on this thread. As sad as it is, knowledge is power for all of us. Hugs!

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

ALizzlyBear

Savannah Super Cat
That is so sad. Yes it is really really scary to witness something like that (my kitten had something kind of similar) and it is still hard to make sense of, since it just appears out of nowhere and is so fatal so fast! I am really sorry for your loss. I hope you are all coping well and realizing that you did everything in your power! Thanks for following up!