Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

High vantage points

Trish Allearz

Okay, so silly question, but a new one for me...

My new house has high vantage points that the cats are LOVING, but I'm worried about when I have smaller babies. Arachne has been great- she's like 4-5 months now. But when we have baby-babies, at what age can I let them out and about and feel safe that they shouldn't slip and fall?

No- there is no blocking off these vantage points.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Congrats on the new house! Pics?

Wish I could help you out here. I'm the sort of worrywart that has padding and carpet under the cat trees here taller than 3' tall....;)

admin

Paige
Staff member
Trish, as you know I have a catwalk around my entire house...part of it is in the bedroom, where the babies were for the first few weeks of their lives...I remember being terrified that Poseidon managed to get up there, by climbing on the cat tree, but there was not much I could do about it...they were fine...never fell, although I guess it could happen...maybe just put some rugs down in spots they may fall?

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I don't let my kittens out until after two vaccinations when they are ~12 weeks of age...still I worry about them with the big drop between the upper landing and the floor below....