Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Homemade Cat House

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
DSCN2591.JPG DSCN2594.JPG DSCN2593.JPG DSCN2592.JPG My hubby has a heart the size of the continental United States when it comes to cats. :in love: A feral cat happened upon our porch in February, and we have been tending to him ever since. Of course, he was very frightened of us at first, :eek: and would only eat after we were safely tucked behind closed doors. It took my husband, The Cat Whisperer, approximately 2 months to tame the little guy. Winters in Ohio don't usually have too much snow accumulation (at least not when compared to my home state of Michigan!), but they can get pretty darned cold. The stray seems to have adopted us as readily as we did him. My husband has been worried to death over how Mr. Whiskers will make it through the winter. He ended up buying a heater for dog houses, then proceeded to build a well insulated house for Mr. Whiskers; complete with a covered porch for food and water dishes, and a window so Mr. Whiskers can see who or what may be coming down our walkway. The shingled roof has a squared section which lifts for easy cleaning, and there's an escape exit at the back of the house. Mr. Whiskers was a little leery of his new high-rise at first, but quickly settled in. My hubby even tacked up 2 sections of wooden fencing on our porch as an extra wind block. Mr. Whiskers ought to be the toastiest stray kitty in the neighborhood this winter! :up: (Oh, I almost forgot...these photos were taken before the roof was completed.)

Last edited:

admin

Paige
Staff member
View attachment 10270 View attachment 10269 View attachment 10272 View attachment 10271 My hubby has a heart the size of the continental United States when it comes to cats. :in love: A feral cat happened upon our porch in February, and we have been tending to him ever since. Of course, he was very frightened of us at first, :eek: and would only eat after we were safely tucked behind closed doors. It took my husband, The Cat Whisperer, approximately 2 months to tame the little guy. Winters in Ohio don't usually have too much snow accumulation (at least not when compared to my home state of Michigan!), but they can get pretty darned cold. The stray has seem to have adopted us as readily as we did him. My husband has been worried to death over how Mr. Whiskers will make it through the winter. He ended up buying a heater for dog houses, then proceeded to build a well insulated house for Mr. Whiskers; complete with a covered porch for food and water dishes, and a window so Mr. Whiskers can see who or what may be coming down our walkway. The shingled roof has a squared section which lifts for easy cleaning, and there's an escape exit at the back of the house. Mr. Whiskers was a little leery of his new high-rise at first, but quickly settled in. My hubby even tacked up 2 sections of wooden fencing on our porch as an extra wind block. Mr. Whiskers ought to be the toastiest stray kitty in the neighborhood this winter! :up: (Oh, I almost forgot...these photos were taken before the roof was completed.)

Wow - that is awesome! Yes, looks like it will be nice and comfy and warm...what a lucky guy this stray is ;)

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
What would be the proper temperature to set the heater at once the temp drops? He doesn't want the house so warm that it causes any illness when Whiskers is out running around in the snow.

Jacq

Savannah Super Cat
What would be the proper temperature to set the heater at once the temp drops? He doesn't want the house so warm that it causes any illness when Whiskers is out running around in the snow.
That is amazing! Tell Mr. CC he's a talented man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
That is amazing! Tell Mr. CC he's a talented man.

Thank you, Jacqi, I will! You should see some of the props he created for Halloween over the years. He missed his calling. We don't decorate anymore because our son is older and likes to go trick-or-treating, but CC used to put on quite the display. Two years in a row, this one little boy refused to leave our garage! :roflmao: After half an hour (both years) his mother finally had to drag him out. One little girl said, "Your house is so scary!" That was a huge compliment! :big grin:

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Depending on the celebrity, that could be really scary!

I have on of Ian Somerhalder (Damon from The Vampire Diaries) and Taylor Lautner (Jacob from Twilight)...I got them both as a joke, but Taylor was from a garage sale LOL we thought he could keep Ian company