Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Hound and Gatos

D

Dantes

Has anyone heard of this food? I don't see much about them, even what they say on their web site isn't much, they say that it's all US products, but not the where in the US. They also have rabbit and lamb.

http://houndgatos.com/

Manufacturer: Hound & Gatos Pet Foods
Chicken, Water, (Sufficient For Processing, Guar Gum, Liver,Taurine, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate [Source of Vitamin C], Thiamine Mononitrate [Source of Vitamin B1], Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride [Source of Vitamin B6], Riboflavin Supplement [Source of Vitamin B2], Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin D2 Supplement), Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Ferros Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Potassium Iodide).

Also just tried Lotus, in the big 12-oz can, yay for big cans! They scarfed this down...not sure if that's a good thing or not, but Dante doesn't usually eat pate style. Edit: Just noticed no Taurine in this one.

http://www.lotuspetfoods.com/pate-cat.php

Chicken Broth, Chicken, Chicken Liver, Ocean Fish, Dried Peas, Natural Chicken Liver Flavor, Agar-Agar, Carrots, Asparagus, Cranberries, Blueberries, Ground Whole Flaxseed, New Zealand Green Mussel, Eggs, Clams, Salmon Oil, Olive Oil, Tricalcium Phosphate, Sea Salt, Dried Kelp, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Calcium Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Betaine, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Niacin, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Not too bad. At least meat is #1 ingredient and human grade. Some additives are a bit off -- D2 rather than D3 and K iodide; protein level is good. Let us know how your cats like it if you try it. I think it's a good choice to try in rotation with current diet but wouldn't feed it exclusively.

Sita

Savannah Super Cat
Has anyone heard of this food? I don't see much about them, even what they say on their web site isn't much, they say that it's all US products, but not the where in the US. They also have rabbit and lamb.

http://houndgatos.com/

Manufacturer: Hound & Gatos Pet Foods
Chicken, Water, (Sufficient For Processing, Guar Gum, Liver,Taurine, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate [Source of Vitamin C], Thiamine Mononitrate [Source of Vitamin B1], Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride [Source of Vitamin B6], Riboflavin Supplement [Source of Vitamin B2], Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin D2 Supplement), Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Ferros Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Potassium Iodide).

Also just tried Lotus, in the big 12-oz can, yay for big cans! They scarfed this down...not sure if that's a good thing or not, but Dante doesn't usually eat pate style. Edit: Just noticed no Taurine in this one.

http://www.lotuspetfoods.com/pate-cat.php

Chicken Broth, Chicken, Chicken Liver, Ocean Fish, Dried Peas, Natural Chicken Liver Flavor, Agar-Agar, Carrots, Asparagus, Cranberries, Blueberries, Ground Whole Flaxseed, New Zealand Green Mussel, Eggs, Clams, Salmon Oil, Olive Oil, Tricalcium Phosphate, Sea Salt, Dried Kelp, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Calcium Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Betaine, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Niacin, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid.

Sita

Savannah Super Cat
I have been using Hound and Gatos. I've been feeding the rabbit for about 3 weeks to an F2 with an allergy of some type stemming from a flea infestation she had before I got her. Her fleas were long gone before I got her but she'd chewed her hind legs raw. So I tried that brand because it's rabbit and supposedly American rabbit and no other protein sources, hoping that maybe her problem was chicken. So far so good. Rabbit is supposed to taste a bit like chicken which is why I tried it. I think it's the only one with only Rabbit in it. And all my Savannahs love it. Sue