Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

How to introduce cat to new home

Pickerz

Savannah Super Cat
We will be getting our first Savannah cat this week. She is about 2 years old. What is the best way to introduce her to our home? We have a busy house with kids, other cats, and a dog. I was thinking of putting a crate for her in the bedroom and let her stay in there for a while. Most of the information I have read is for kittens.

admin

Paige
Staff member
The information you have read about quarantining, etc., is not just for kittens...have you read any of the info here?

admin

Paige
Staff member
when you get a chance, can you mark off male or female in your profile, so we do not have to look at that blank avatar? Thanks ;)

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I think most of what is suggested for kittens is true for adults BUT your steps doing face to face introducing to other adult cats may take longer. It is much easier to introduce a kitten to a household of adult cats than another adult cat. They accept a "baby" easier.

Pickerz

Savannah Super Cat
Yesterday was the day to pick her up from the airport. One day after our 15th wedding anniversary - what a wonderful gift, my Wife and I are absolutely in love with this cat! I will have to post a pic of her when I get my camera going again.
She was quiet the whole drive home, I'm used to having a cat scream at me in the car. We are keeping her in our bedroom, she has her food and water in there, a nice large litter box and a cat tree. Lots of head butts and exploring - her personality is quite different from any other cat I've been around.
She slept at the end of the bed, tunneled under the blanket, which I find strange since any other cat I've known would not like to be under a blanket like that.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Zuri loves to tunnel under any blanket when she is scared or nervous. Could be that is what is going on here.

Congrats on your new girl! This should be a wonderful new chapter in your life ;)

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Congratulations on your new family member! It sounds like she will have no problem adjusting to her new life. I can't wait to see pics!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I have many cats that love to burrow under blankets...they will curl up next to me in bed under covers, or under a throw while watching TV but some will do that when I am not around too. I think some learn how cozy it is and love it :)