Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Hubby brought home another savannah. Help??

NikkiA

Site Supporter
He did have feline leukemia test it was negative. He also is current on all vaccinations and neutered.

But Should I have the feline leukemia test done again?

I would. Unless the test is very recent. I would also start antiparasics if he was with dogs.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Okay, so I believe the FP means 'Foundation Permissible'. Dawn bred the parents and sold them to Holly Odd, who then bred Mojoe from them. I am a little puzzled by Tracy's code since that is an unusual code for a Savannah sire. I doubt mom is an SBT Savannah however, as I doubt Dawn bred any SBT litters back in 2007, in fact I don't know that she has ever bred an SBT litter. You should definitely talk to her, she should be able to shed more light on Mojoe's background.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
I would have the vet run titers on all previous vaccinations so that you know for sure what he was vaccinated for previously and what his level of immunity is. Definitely do not let Koda near him until you have the parasite report. I can tell you that treating one cat for Giardia is bad but having to treat both is horrific!

Chris Elliott

Savannah Super Cat
She had said dad was a F6 and that mom was an outcross Bengal I believe making him F7A.
Cool! Ziggy's grandmother was a Bengal, the one bred to the Serval. And Oni, my F6, obviously has tons of Bengal, with her two tone spots, soft coat and petite size, but still has a late generation Savannah build and personality. They're great companions, very different and both delightful.

He's going to be a great addition. And, as much as cats are supposed to be loners, I think they do much better with a four footed companion.