Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Huge Scare

Kristin

Animal Communicator
I'm glad you found Tiger! Have you considered some sort of outdoor enclosure to keep him from wandering away again? I think he used up one of his nine lives this time, but with coyotes and rundown houses that he can get locked in, I'd worry the next time he might not be so lucky :(

We have a fenced in backyard but he is a cat...which means he can get out from the fence. Zeddie goes out on leash but there is no way Tiger would ever put a harness on.....he is a wild card. We don't have space in the yard for an enclosure. Tiger has used up waaaaaaay more than 9 lives...I think we are down to 3. I am calling the city tomorrow as the state of the house was just disgusting. There was gasoline leaking in their garage...I've never seen anything like it

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Here is the link. The pre-sale period ended and the first batch for supporters will come out early next year. Then I suspect they will open it up for additional sales.

http://www.thetileapp.com/

It doesn't do active GPS, but it does record gps positions so that if someone else that uses the app for it passes within range of the tile a message showing the position is sent to the owner of the tile without giving away anything about who passed by.

This would probably have helped in your search since the range is pretty decent for the type search you were doing near the houses.

I ordered 4 (3 + 1 free) and look forward to testing them out.

Are they being shipped to you now? At the bottom it says there is a chance they won't ship on time, or ever. I am really curious if they work though

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
They will ship early next year. The disclaimer is there to let us early birds know things can go wrong causing delays and in very rare cases the business going under and thus not shippng at all, no refund.

They fund drive raised almost 2.7 million dollars so hopefully that is a good sign, and once they ship we cat fans can feel at least a little more at ease when one wanders off and potentially locked in a strange home.

Fortunately things worked out for you and Tiger, please give him a hug for me and tell him my kitties said "stay home".

Kristin

Animal Communicator
They will ship early next year. The disclaimer is there to let us early birds know things can go wrong causing delays and in very rare cases the business going under and thus not shippng at all, no refund.

They fund drive raised almost 2.7 million dollars so hopefully that is a good sign, and once they ship we cat fans can feel at least a little more at ease when one wanders off and potentially locked in a strange home.

Fortunately things worked out for you and Tiger, please give him a hug for me and tell him my kitties said "stay home".

Thanks for the info, it's super helpful. I want to try it too...they are reasonably priced and if they work would help us keep Tiger out of trouble.
Tiger says he will stay inside (...for now)

Pam and Will

Savannah Super Cat
If I read that correctly the tile doesn't have true gps. It just recalls on its app the last gps coords it "saw" the item you put the tile on. So if he bolts it will only show you the last 150 yard or so range. Still not bad, but not true gps to date tracking. :)

Kristin

Animal Communicator
If I read that correctly the tile doesn't have true gps. It just recalls on its app the last gps coords it "saw" the item you put the tile on. So if he bolts it will only show you the last 150 yard or so range. Still not bad, but not true gps to date tracking. :)

Yeah I think I might get the Tagg one...it is pretty expensive and has a monthly fee, but it gives you the exact location and driving directions etc. I might try the Tile one as well...I don't know lol

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat

Yep, the advantage to the tile is the crowd-sourcing if enough nearby people have the app then the location reports will come to you should your tile pass within range, and it is less expensive. The advantage of the full GPS Tagg is the constant location and navigation feature.

I think having multiple options out there will encourage developement of features and price competition. In the end, we customers and our pets should be the winners.

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Yeah I think I might get the Tagg one...it is pretty expensive and has a monthly fee, but it gives you the exact location and driving directions etc. I might try the Tile one as well...I don't know lol

Having both would be the best of both worlds. Easier to get general constant location and close range signal finder with audible alert.

Glamouresque

Savannah Super Cat
I think the close range is very interesting, for price and size. Often they are close and afraid to get out (if not used to outside).
My stud Paragon was lost, I walked by my cat many time before he told me he was there. He was under a ciment plate just couple of feets from the door. I was looking for him for hours. He finally responded to me at night. Never thought he could get in this small spot, and people where taking a drink just in top of him in the afternoon. They never saw my cat.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
I think the close range is very interesting, for price and size. Often they are close and afraid to get out (if not used to outside).
My stud Paragon was lost, I walked by my cat many time before he told me he was there. He was under a ciment plate just couple of feets from the door. I was looking for him for hours. He finally responded to me at night. Never thought he could get in this small spot, and people where taking a drink just in top of him in the afternoon. They never saw my cat.

Tiger is used to going outside, which is the problem. He is like a teenager...he thinks he is invincible :cautious: