Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

I'M A FOSTER MOM!

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
Sorry about the all caps but I'm super excited! XD

Picked up this pretty girl for the weekend. She has an appointment to be spayed on Monday & then depending on how well she does with Kovu over the weekend, and how well her surgery goes she may or may not be coming back with us.

So far... Kovu isn't a very happy camper. I set her carrier down for a minute in the hall way & he got SO puffed up & was hissing and growling and just sounded vicious. :( Her "room" is the bathroom & right now he is just staring at it from a distance.

I hope he can get used to being around other cats. I really want to be able to contribute to animals who need help & fostering is the easiest way for us at the moment.

1) New cat, she doesn't have a name yet. Ideas? :)
2) Kovu being all emo, he wont even look at me.
3) Kovu keeping an eye on the bathroom.

Attachments

• 004.png
    004.png
    652.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 006.png
    006.png
    673.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 008.png
    008.png
    542.7 KB · Views: 31

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
What a great thing you are doing, Ashley! Kovu does not look thrilled..you captured his expressions perfectly :)

You are going to quarantine the new roomie away from Kovu...right? Not only from possible disease, but to introduce them correctly...in case she decides to stay :)

admin

Paige
Staff member
No ideas for a name, but what a wonderful thing to do Ashley! Quarantining is essential as Pam has indicated, but sounds like you have her sequestered in the bathroom...

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
What a great thing you are doing, Ashley! Kovu does not look thrilled..you captured his expressions perfectly :)

You are going to quarantine the new roomie away from Kovu...right? Not only from possible disease, but to introduce them correctly...in case she decides to stay :)

Yes, she is staying in the bathroom. I wish I could let her out. She is just so sweet & lovable. She does well with Elijah, she just doesn't want to be picked up. So she hissed when he tried & he took off crying saying he doesn't love her anymore. lol He did the same with Kovu before he learned his boundaries, so I'm sure he'll get over it. lol

She is using her litter box & already ate all her food. I am so in love with her already. I would love to keep her because she is such a sweetheart, but Glenn is a one cat man. So until I can convince him other wise, we will just foster. I'm just hoping I can foster her for a while.. haha.

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
No ideas for a name, but what a wonderful thing to do Ashley! Quarantining is essential as Pam has indicated, but sounds like you have her sequestered in the bathroom...

We've been calling her Sarabi (decided to stick with the Lion King theme). It means mirage in Swahili I learned while googling the correct spelling of it. lol Elijah has just been calling her Rabi (Rob-be) for short.

And yes, she will staying the bathroom for a few days. :)

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Fostering can be very rewarding, bless you for your kind heart! Just remember that cats are virus factories and any strange cat should be kept in strict quarantine for a minimum of two weeks to assure they do not have anything they can 'share' with Kovu!

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
Sarabi may have to become a permanent part of our family. She hasn't even been gone for 24 hours (for her spay surgery) & I miss her like crazy. Glenn may just have to get over his one cat rule! I can't wait till I can pick her up tomorrow!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Way to go Ashley! You said it yourself earlier in the thread....you just have to foster her for "a while." And by the time "a while" has passed, Glenn will be head over heels too. It's called manipulation;)

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
bahahah! <3 Now I just have to keep fingers crossed that she doesn't get adopted to someone else before Glenn gets home in August.
If I were that manipulative I would adopt her now & just be like "Man, they are having a hard time finding someone for her. Looks like she'll be with us for awhile.." haha :p