Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

In Loving Memory of Tank

Medesha

Savannah Super Cat
Tank was one of the tuxedo ferals that live in my neighborhood, more like my backyard. I have no idea how old she was, only that she was a grown kitty when she started eating at my house, and that she always had that bulky frame, as a result of being pregnant, that we called her Tank. She'd lived with/around us for at least seven years.

Despite always looking pregnant, we never saw her with any kittens, until she gave birth to a litter right by our back door. She... ate them. But for some reason after that, she became very friendly, very affectionate.

When another cat had kittens not long after we'd given (a different litter) of Tank's away (and waited and waited for some place to say we could bring ferals to their facility) I gave them to her to see if she could help take care of them. She didn't even blink at the kittens. She was a great mother, and there wasn't the slightest bit of mean-ness in her. She was so placid and sweet- whenever I let her into the house, she would sit and watch as we all cleaned and cooked and generally made a lot of noise.

One of the cats I never managed to give away, USB, was being approached in my driveway by some huge yellow tabby that I swear belongs to someone. USB froze and the cat kept going forward, and who ran in to the rescue? Diminutive, mild-mannered, forever slightly disheveled-looking Tank! She ran off a male cat at least two times her size, and USB wasn't her kitten, wasn't even related to her- the two of them weren't even close!

I found Tank outside this morning, when I was putting out food. Racoons or something vicious had got her. I thought she was in the garage, where I keep the ones friendly enough to carry. She must have slipped out while I was bringing the others in.

I'm so sorry, sweetie. I can't believe you're gone.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I'm so sorry that you lost Tank. Unfortunately this is so often the fate of feral cats, it's so very heartbreaking :-(

Kristine

Tank was one of the tuxedo ferals that live in my neighborhood, more like my backyard. I have no idea how old she was, only that she was a grown kitty when she started eating at my house, and that she always had that bulky frame, as a result of being pregnant, that we called her Tank. She'd lived with/around us for at least seven years.

Despite always looking pregnant, we never saw her with any kittens, until she gave birth to a litter right by our back door. She... ate them. But for some reason after that, she became very friendly, very affectionate.

When another cat had kittens not long after we'd given (a different litter) of Tank's away (and waited and waited for some place to say we could bring ferals to their facility) I gave them to her to see if she could help take care of them. She didn't even blink at the kittens. She was a great mother, and there wasn't the slightest bit of mean-ness in her. She was so placid and sweet- whenever I let her into the house, she would sit and watch as we all cleaned and cooked and generally made a lot of noise.

One of the cats I never managed to give away, USB, was being approached in my driveway by some huge yellow tabby that I swear belongs to someone. USB froze and the cat kept going forward, and who ran in to the rescue? Diminutive, mild-mannered, forever slightly disheveled-looking Tank! She ran off a male cat at least two times her size, and USB wasn't her kitten, wasn't even related to her- the two of them weren't even close!

I found Tank outside this morning, when I was putting out food. Racoons or something vicious had got her. I thought she was in the garage, where I keep the ones friendly enough to carry. She must have slipped out while I was bringing the others in.

I'm so sorry, sweetie. I can't believe you're gone.
I am so sorry )-:

Medesha

Savannah Super Cat
Thank you, everyone.

I've always known the dangers feral faced. But it's the first time something like this has happened to any of mine.