Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

In Memory of Sweet CB

Trish Allearz

So I guess I will be the one to break this forum in...

CB was just a sweet moggy- mixed DSH- that tolerated the Savannahs and loved my Hubby more then she ever loved me. She was a base mouser- killed all of the mice in the commissary and was to be sent to the shelter after she cleaned out the store. My Mom asked if I wanted her- and I said yes. She came to me at 3-4 years old and has been my girl ever since.

Last month, I noticed a mass in her mouth and we biopsied it- the biopsy came back that it wasn't cancer, but might be a precursor to cancer. We did more treatments and the mass became more aggressive. Tonight, it had moved from her entire inner cheek to her tongue.

So I let my sweet girl go... I will miss you, my old crabby lady...

If it should be that I grow weak
and pain should keep me from my sleep.
Then you must do what must be done,
for this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand.
Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day more than all the rest,
your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years,
what is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer so.
The time has come, please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend
and please stay with me until the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me,
until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see,
the kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
from pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve it must be you
who had this painful thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years.
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

Attachments

• cb.jpg
    cb.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 32

Trish Allearz

Thanks, guys. I have never put to sleep someone I've had for years and years and years... It is a very different feeling of loss compared to the sudden loss of a youngster. It's like part of the family is missing. Well, I guess a part of our household is.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I completely understand. I've never lost a youngster. All of my animals have died of age-related issues. It takes quite awhile for the conscious and subconscious mind to reconcile the absence. After the death of any of our animals, my husband and I would see them around the house for at least a year. Odd as it sounds, I would have a very vivid dream right after the death in which the animal comes to me and gives rubs, head butts & purrs as if in gratitude to be released from suffering. Half of me knows this is just a human coping mechanism but the other half really wants to believe they do come back for a joyful goodbye.

D

Dantes

What a pretty girl! This made me cry :( Sorry for your loss.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Trish, CB was a beautiful girl and I am so sorry for your loss and that of your family. I know exactly how you feel, as I'm sure many here do...The poem was so beautiful and made me cry as well. I hope you find some peace in knowing that CB is feeling no more pain and is in a better place.

K

Kronos

I am so sorry for your loss. I still mourn over my last dog I had to PTS due to kidney failure.