Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Incision after surgery

Rafiki

Site Supporter
that is exactly what she has been saying... I have been throwing the ball a little harder and farther, but not quite as much as before the surgery.... She still knows to come behind me and bounce the ball, and then look up at me so innocent as if to say "What!!!"
Maybe Elsa is thinking that Daddy needs to visit the vet to get the throwing arm checked out! :sneaky:

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Maybe Elsa is thinking that Daddy needs to visit the vet to get the throwing arm checked out! :sneaky:

She goes back to the vet tomorrow to see what the doctor has to say for a recheck... Tonight it looks similiar to last night except there appears to be a red area and what feels to dry crusty layer around the edges. Incision-6-10-14-1.jpg
It is harder to see tonight. The center looks moist, but feels dry. Again tonight she did not want to cooperate with me checking it out.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Looks ok to me. And sounds ok. Bet Vet says the same. ;)

I am betting you are right... If we are wrong, Elsa is the looser :(. But it is worth it for a recheck... He may see something that I have been totally over looking... Worth the vet visit for the hands on confirmation... The crustiness is new, that I am wondering about because if you have no oozing or other fluid, I do not see how you could have the crusting... Other than that, it looks the and feels the same as last night.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I think a recheck will help you feel better about it. It really does sound like it's all healing fine and Elsa is doing great... but I worry too and would be hanging out for my vet to tell me not to worry also!

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
I think a recheck will help you feel better about it. It really does sound like it's all healing fine and Elsa is doing great... but I worry too and would be hanging out for my vet to tell me not to worry also!

What about the crusty part (or so it feels) which is a brand new feel... Everything else is about like last night.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
It could be dead skin sloughing off...common after an inflammatory event...and flesh was cut and is healing hence the inflammatory process is part of that...

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Yes, Elsa needs to see the vet. Or, should I say that the worried Dad needs to see the vet!

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Elsa went to the Vet today and the her Doctor was pleased with her progress and giving her a clean bill of health and ok to resume to full play (like you can really slow her down). He said that it is still a little puffy and slight redness. Not scheduled to return to the vet for this issue unless the incision starts to open or any oozing appears.

Incision-6-11-14- 1.jpg

Today's Image.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Oh, just saw the update on ChitChat. Elsa is fine - great news!
Did you get the throwing arm checked out while you were there? I am assuming that the vet did not tell you to continue the futile exercise of restricting her movement....?