Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Incision after surgery

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Yes, Elsa needs to see the vet. Or, should I say that the worried Dad needs to see the vet!

It may have been for my benefit, but I would never consider a surgery where there is an incision that there is and no follow up by the doctor.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
I don't really think that the incision could look any better at this point. Time for Daddy to relax and enjoy his fur-kids.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
John, I have a feeling that the follow-up was 50/50 - 1/2 for you and 1/2 for Elsa. Of course, considering what you went thru early on, I don't blame you a bit for worrying so much. You came way to close to losing her!!!!!

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Oh, just saw the update on ChitChat. Elsa is fine - great news!
Did you get the throwing arm checked out while you were there? I am assuming that the vet did not tell you to continue the futile exercise of restricting her movement....?

Full release... She is now officially wide open...

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Even though I did not take a picture of it today, the spot is getting smaller... this week her weight gain was only 0.8 ounces. That is way down from the norm, but at least she did not lose weight... Not going to consider this a concern at this time. She is playing 110% (at least)... To put it in military aircraft prospective.. She is using "War Time Power" and not slowing down. I may post a pic tomorrow, but really I think this is a successful closure.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
I know the image is hard to see, but...

Elsa-5.jpg

Her incision after 2 1/2 weeks, you can barely see the incision, and if you did not know where to find it, you almost have problems seeing it. It is also getting softer to the feel.​