Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Interactive Map of Savannah Cat Legalities

Patti

Admin
Staff member
However, if it actually is written in their law that would at least give you a leg to stand on, so please ask Doug for the link to the county law that addresses this, and I will update HybridLaw.

Jerry

Savannah Kitten
I hope I'm not being a thorn in anyone's side here. I just wanted to share my findings. I did email a breeder here in Texas about the laws. I don't want to share the name because I do not have their permission to do so, nor did I ask. But they told me that it is not required at a state level to have a permit for a Savannah in Texas. Unless, it is required at a local (county) level. Only a Serval is required to have a permit.

Patti, I will email him again and request that info/link.

Thank y'all for the information that has been provided and shared here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

admin

Paige
Staff member
There aren't many breeders in Texas because of the laws and the info she gave you is incorrect.

admin

Paige
Staff member
That being said.... Your county is fine as far as I am concerned...i have it in writing from Doug from two years ago that they won't touch kittens F5 and later

Jerry

Savannah Kitten
I noted in my email to him that I am looking to purchase an f2, f3, or f4. He stated they do not consider them DWA, Savannah's in general. On the other hand, a Serval IS considered a DWA. And that is dated less than 24 hrs ago. So per his email, yes, I am fine on the local level. And per a reliable breeder in the state of Texas, I am ok at the state level. I will contact the state to verify that information, to be on the safe side.

admin

Paige
Staff member
As Patti said, local laws cannot trump state laws, but I think Guadeloupe county is very lax...

Last edited:

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Can someone tell me more details regarding Idaho please.

Last info I read said that just F1 was required to have permit and later generations did not depending on locality.